The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Titan Alliance has disbanded.

#1SecureGamerPosted 10/5/2012 9:01:51 AM
And Stormbluff Isle guilds are mass transferring to Jade Quarry.

Everyone jump on the bandwagon while you still can.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#2KirynTheClericPosted 10/5/2012 9:04:48 AM
Who are they that I should care?
---
"And at what point did you decide to stay on the forums? I don't get that mentality but some people don't have better things to do." - Nofoundation.
#3Wii_kid_bf2142Posted 10/5/2012 9:05:27 AM(edited)
why?

EDIT: as in, "Why did they disband?"
---
Why is everyone keen on being a Spy / Sniper?
Because their handles are either xXxKwIkSkOpExXx or xXxD4rkS4Suk3xXx -- UrCa1988
#4easymodexzPosted 10/5/2012 9:46:35 AM
They claim they disbanded due to the queue times coinciding with CND leaving. CND claims to have left GW2 because they were "bored".

Outsider observations from several sources, including a few of my own:

1. CND left because they, by reputation, are "early leavers". They rush in an MMO, get to max level and powergame quickly, then bail soon after release. They have also been labelled a "PvE guild", which may or may not be true. CND originally organized Titan Alliance. Even though the alliance should be fine without them, this is one piece.

Note: their "boredom" rationale is semi-believable. Over the past few weeks I have seen fewer and fewer CND in WvW across the board. Due to this observation, I give credence to the "CND is a PvE guild that powergamed GW2 early, and leaves" line of thought.

2. JQ and ET are the two servers that are most dedicated to taking down HOD. HOD's most difficult fight was back when JQ and ET were matched against them. Since that time, JQ has become much, much more capable, both in timezone coverage and organization. JQ alone, in the last matchup, kept a solid pace with HOD while fighting SBI around the clock. Note: SBI has a trend to "fight for second place", which is perfectly legitimate, but it secures HOD's winning position.

This week's matchup will likely be HOD v JQ v ET. It is more likely than ever that HOD will lose this matchup. It will be the most difficult matchup they have faced since, unlike SBI, ET and JQ are both willing to gun for HOD.

I completely expect HOD to hold 0 objectives in one or more borderlands during active JQ/ET timezones, and have a very difficult time holding Stonemist.

So. TA's gettin' while the gettin's good. They came into GW2 with a very impressive degree of pre-planning and organization, and dominated the first few days, and first few weeks of WvW. And so they call it quits before they lose.

3. It is perfectly legitimate to disband the alliance and/or transfer due to queues and ANet's refusal to this date of removing free server transfers. However, their timing is hilarious. Really, it is. Basically:

a) For queue reasons, I completely expected them to transfer earlier.
b) For competitive reasons, I expect them to transfer/disband later.

At this point, it's basically a ***** move with them taking the "Titan Alliance" name too seriously and using queues as an excuse.
#5Gojak_v3Posted 10/5/2012 10:01:05 AM
Who are they and why should I care?
#6Morgan19Posted 10/5/2012 10:08:05 AM
Same reaction here... "So what?"
#7SpazH3dPosted 10/5/2012 10:12:36 AM
Nobody gives a crap about your guild.
---
- My vision is augmented
#8easymodexzPosted 10/5/2012 10:13:42 AM
Some people care about the goings-on of WvW ;-).
#9RabillionPosted 10/5/2012 10:17:57 AM
So the reason to transfer worlds is because of drama queens?
#10IndigoIcePosted 10/5/2012 10:52:25 AM
I understand why it disbanded.

The Titan Alliance can be up to it's name if it was in a competitive-concept rpg. In gw2, everyone is regarded as equal regardless or level or gear. It's the most balance and fair mmo out of all. No class are better than the other. It means, no single guild or alliance can be dominated twice in a row. That's why they can't shine in gw2. No matter how much they work hard in-game, it's pure luck and skills that matters in gw2 pvp because everyone is "too equal regardless of hardwork and hardcoreness".