So what is a necro's job in PvE?

#1Wii_kid_bf2142Posted 10/5/2012 12:25:55 PM
I see very few of them running around, and i'm not ready to start an alt yet. But im curious, what do you guys do in...

A dungeon scenario?
A dynamic event
A world boss
---
Why is everyone keen on being a Spy / Sniper?
Because their handles are either xXxKwIkSkOpExXx or xXxD4rkS4Suk3xXx -- UrCa1988
#2NCPwnPosted 10/5/2012 12:26:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3EarthshakerPosted 10/5/2012 12:29:18 PM
Wii_kid_bf2142 posted...
I see very few of them running around, and i'm not ready to start an alt yet. But im curious, what do you guys do in...

A dungeon scenario?

Condition control - remove from allies, place on enemies.

A dynamic event

Damage and conditions. Maybe some minions, too.

A world boss

Conditionconditioncondition
---
[Bracketeer from 1/15/05 to 1/15/08.] {Cogito ergo sum... cogito.}
Sept. 20th, 2010 - 5K karmaversary. ASURAS AREN'T NORN FURNITURE!
#4Demonee-HoPosted 10/5/2012 12:34:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5Demonee-HoPosted 10/5/2012 12:38:24 PM
The answer to all of them is pretty much condition manipulation, though it's a little more complex than that.

Most of your condition manipulation lies in your utilities. You, for instance, have a signet that remove conditions from allies and adds them to your own character (the name of it evades me at the moment) and a utility called Well of Power which converts conditions on allies to boons.

Your "job" ultimately depends on your build, however. You can even forgo conditions and go pure damage.
#6Wii_kid_bf2142(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 12:43:39 PM
Sounds like a more active version of a Curses Necro from GW1, great!

I know it says PvE in the title, but now I'm intrigued, how are they in PvP?
---
Why is everyone keen on being a Spy / Sniper?
Because their handles are either xXxKwIkSkOpExXx or xXxD4rkS4Suk3xXx -- UrCa1988
#7curious_deadPosted 10/5/2012 12:51:09 PM
In Dungeons, I play my Necro as support; so condition removal and group heal Ė thanks to some Blood abilities. When I was in a dungeon last, the Signet that transferred conditions didnít work properly yet.

In events, I stack Might and do AoE. The staff is great for AoE.

I havenít played much PVP yet with my Necro, mostly with my other classes. I wasnít very useful to my team, though, as I was still learning the class...
#8TastyBeveragePosted 10/5/2012 12:57:07 PM
I play MM, tank.

My pets just run up and I put regen on them the whole time and they generally stay alive all fight depending on the boss. Ones with massive AOE they get tanked but generally I can keep brining them back.
---
GT: XTastyBeverageX
i7-2600k / GTX 670 / 8 gigs RAM
#9BBilbo1Posted 10/5/2012 12:59:35 PM
As a necro, PVE consist of

Main hand: scepter
off-hand: dagger

(keep all 1-5) on cooldown

Heals: Blood Well

Summon Shadowfiend to fight for me

Spectral Armor in case i get meleed and pet dies.

It's starting to get a lot harder, and Something tells me I'm doing it wrong.
---
GamerTag: Hammer2Fall
#10LordlyRavenPosted 10/5/2012 1:00:09 PM
Demonee-Ho posted...
You, for instance, have a signet that remove conditions from allies and adds them to your own character (the name of it evades me at the moment)

Which would be great if it weren't broken. It gives the necro the conditions but doesn't remove them from allies. It's one of the many things that are still broken with necros. It makes me sad. :/
---
Honey, I don't know what you are. For all I know, you could be some fat dude sitting in a stim chair with his **** hanging out.