The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

The requirements for legendary weapons are absolutely absurd

#1NordiniPosted 10/5/2012 4:08:06 PM
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon

My classes ultimate legendary weapon is the Eternity, which requires you to combine the other two legendary weapons: Sunrise and Twilight.

For just ONE of those weapons you need:

1 million karma
120 Gold
100% world completion
500 dungeon tokens
2 level 400 crafting professions

+A LOT MORE

wtf?
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#2boktai3Posted 10/5/2012 4:08:47 PM
well, they are LEGENDARY items, they look good, they don't give you an advantage, if you really want one, your gonna have to work on it, it is your carrot on a stick=p
#3runboy81Posted 10/5/2012 4:11:34 PM
What's the problem of something being Legendary as to actually being Legendary?
#4NicoGrimmPosted 10/5/2012 4:12:00 PM
A legendary item is actually hard and time consuming to get? Oh no!
---
Next time you need me for something, just know I've more pressing things to pursue!
#5alpacino1983Posted 10/5/2012 4:14:49 PM
I see what TC means though. Although GW2 is supposed to be more casual-friendly, it would take literally months or even a year plus, to gain that much karma alone.
---
"Ahh, the middle finger, the most communicative of fingers." - Guybrush Threepwood.
#6EtharinPosted 10/5/2012 4:18:09 PM
It's a legendary grind for sure, not a legendary challenge or legendary achievement.
#7horheristoPosted 10/5/2012 4:19:47 PM
Nordini posted...
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon

My classes ultimate legendary weapon is the Eternity, which requires you to combine the other two legendary weapons: Sunrise and Twilight.

For just ONE of those weapons you need:

1 million karma
120 Gold
100% world completion
500 dungeon tokens
2 level 400 crafting professions

+A LOT MORE

wtf?

If only these were the real requirements, I'd have the named weapon by now.

Try:

2.5m karma
500g
100% world completion
won't mention the tokens since it's the easiest part.
same goes for crafts considering you only need 4g to master one.

Just the first 2 requirements put me off at the moment since I'd rather focus on all classes first. Maybe in 2 years or so, we'll see... there's always a carebear patch.
#8ThatSageGuyPosted 10/5/2012 4:21:54 PM
That certainly is a lot, but I'd hardly call it the ultimate weapon when its stats are no better than either of the 2 required to make it. Least you would only need 1 weapon, where as anybody not using a 2 hander would need to make 2 legendaries.
---
The odds are equally not in the favor of anyone. Yet still, someone will emerge victorious with the coveted title of "Steve". - mooninomics, GW2 Board
#9ShadosAtPhoenixPosted 10/5/2012 4:23:38 PM
Your legendary Is sunrise or twilight if you want great sword. Eternity is an option, but it's not MORE legendary than the other two. At any given time, unless someone sees the transition they won't even be able to tell which one you have.

The requirements are meant to be met as you play. If you rush for it you'll go crazy. Also note that that there are some high tier exotics that look really cool and are meant to be used as goals for people with less time or patience. Some even use the same legendary gifts components and in many cases they look BETTER than some legendaries.
#10horheristoPosted 10/5/2012 4:29:01 PM
It all boils down to bragging rights.

But for anyone that rushes for it - should ask himself if once he got it he'll become a happier person not regretting a single moment of farming towards it.

The first ones to get this are the exploiters anyway, which pretty much makes me less envious of those that got it first, so as for me - I'll get it when I get it.