The requirements for legendary weapons are absolutely absurd

#11pies12Posted 10/5/2012 4:30:41 PM
This need for instant gratification is getting pathetic. Full relics in FFXI took 2-3 years to complete pre-aby. Lu Shang required catching 10,000 moat carp with a hard cap of 200 fish/day. Ebisu is a whole other level on top of lu shang.
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
#12Ness0123456789Posted 10/5/2012 4:32:19 PM
NicoGrimm posted...
A legendary item is actually hard and time consuming to get? Oh no!

There's nothing really hard about getting the Legendary Weapon outside of running the Explorable Modes for Tokens. Everything else just boil down to being time consuming, which I would be okay with if not for the Lucky Clovers.

The fact that there is an entirely RNG based section to acquiring the Legendary Weapon simply to make it take longer to get is really what kills the entire thing for me.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#13DiamondBlade82Posted 10/5/2012 4:32:39 PM
I heard someone on my server has one already. WTF
#14DiamondBlade82Posted 10/5/2012 4:35:26 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...
NicoGrimm posted...
A legendary item is actually hard and time consuming to get? Oh no!

There's nothing really hard about getting the Legendary Weapon outside of running the Explorable Modes for Tokens. Everything else just boil down to being time consuming, which I would be okay with if not for the Lucky Clovers.

The fact that there is an entirely RNG based section to acquiring the Legendary Weapon simply to make it take longer to get is really what kills the entire thing for me.

This

The mystic clover thing is just retarded IMO. Your talking about wasting 150+ skill points, over 500,000+ thousand karma etc (AND THATS IF YOU GET THE 33% CHANCE)

Could be more, could be less, could be why I never go for one...
#15ShinnAsuka20Posted 10/5/2012 4:47:00 PM
DiamondBlade82 posted...

A LOT of people have Legendary Weapons now. There`s a couple on my server.
---
GT/PSN: SilverBasher
#16Nordini(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 4:50:25 PM
ShinnAsuka20 posted...
DiamondBlade82 posted...

Logging 16 hours a day since release, is this even possible?
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#17clowningPosted 10/5/2012 4:52:44 PM
ShinnAsuka20 posted...
DiamondBlade82 posted...

I'm sorry, please define "a lot" for me. "A lot" and "a couple" do not seem synonymous.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#18cgwhite85Posted 10/5/2012 4:53:33 PM
I am amazed at the number of people I have seen in game or elsewhere that complain about the time it takes to acquire a legendary item. If you don't want to spend the time getting one THEN DONT. They are not in anyway necessary. They exist SOLELY for people who enjoy a grind.

There are plenty of great looking weapon skins in the game. Most legendary weapons are ugly as sin anyway. Surely you can find at least 1 skin you like as much as whatever legendary you want.

The instant gratification mentality is ruining mmos.
#19Nordini(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 4:58:28 PM
cgwhite85 posted...
I am amazed at the number of people I have seen in game or elsewhere that complain about the time it takes to acquire a legendary item. If you don't want to spend the time getting one THEN DONT. They are not in anyway necessary. They exist SOLELY for people who enjoy a grind.

There are plenty of great looking weapon skins in the game. Most legendary weapons are ugly as sin anyway. Surely you can find at least 1 skin you like as much as whatever legendary you want.

The instant gratification mentality is ruining mmos.

There is a very very very large gap between instant gratification and the requirements for a legendary weapon.... there's definitely a happy medium or two in there
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#20clowningPosted 10/5/2012 4:59:26 PM
Yes, the requirements are absurd....and?
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle