The requirements for legendary weapons are absolutely absurd

#21ShadosAtPhoenixPosted 10/5/2012 5:02:37 PM
Nordini posted...
cgwhite85 posted...
I am amazed at the number of people I have seen in game or elsewhere that complain about the time it takes to acquire a legendary item. If you don't want to spend the time getting one THEN DONT. They are not in anyway necessary. They exist SOLELY for people who enjoy a grind.

There are plenty of great looking weapon skins in the game. Most legendary weapons are ugly as sin anyway. Surely you can find at least 1 skin you like as much as whatever legendary you want.

The instant gratification mentality is ruining mmos.

There is a very very very large gap between instant gratification and the requirements for a legendary weapon.... there's definitely a happy medium or two in there

There is! Again, That's what the high end, harder to get but cooler looking exotics are for! It's for those that want a happy medium.
#22Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/5/2012 5:20:06 PM
horheristo posted...
It all boils down to bragging rights.

But for anyone that rushes for it - should ask himself if once he got it he'll become a happier person not regretting a single moment of farming towards it.

The first ones to get this are the exploiters anyway, which pretty much makes me less envious of those that got it first, so as for me - I'll get it when I get it.

Bragging rights for what? How much time of your life you spent trying to get a weapon that does nothing different than any other? Just looks slightly different. That's not even a legendary weapon, it's just the same weapon with a different skin slapped on top of a name legendary to lead people to believe it's actually something to brag about.

Talk about artificial endgame, those legendary weapons takes the cake out of any MMO on the market
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#23BunnywunnyPosted 10/5/2012 5:30:08 PM
it's mostly just a super fancy weapon skin your working towards.

Probably good to keep in mind that pretty much every piece of the legendary weapons is bought with tokens or points you can spend elsewhere so best to just keep it as an end goal while saving up tokens and can always chance your mind later on if you haven't already converted them all into the various gifts
---
"Me fail English? that's unpossible"
-Ralph Wiggum
#24horheristoPosted 10/5/2012 5:36:40 PM
ShinnAsuka20 posted...
DiamondBlade82 posted...
I heard someone on my server has one already. WTF

A LOT of people have Legendary Weapons now. There`s a couple on my server.

Two words: Chili poppers.

Don't get excited guys, some people were just luckier / smarter to realize the exploits faster than you, Anet didn't do anything about it and now they enjoy the fruits of their cheap labor.

Enjoy the game and move on.
#25steker16Posted 10/5/2012 5:39:34 PM
Nordini posted...
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon

My classes ultimate legendary weapon is the Eternity, which requires you to combine the other two legendary weapons: Sunrise and Twilight.

For just ONE of those weapons you need:

1 million karma
120 Gold
100% world completion
500 dungeon tokens
2 level 400 crafting professions

+A LOT MORE

wtf?

If only these were the real requirements, I'd have the named weapon by now.

Try:

2.5m karma
500g
100% world completion
won't mention the tokens since it's the easiest part.
same goes for crafts considering you only need 4g to master one.

Just the first 2 requirements put me off at the moment since I'd rather focus on all classes first. Maybe in 2 years or so, we'll see... there's always a carebear patch.

lmao no, its doesnt take 2.5m karma unless you have the worst luck ever and never get mystic clovers. however you only need 77 of them and when you do get them, you get 20 at a time
---
nomnomnom
#26horheristoPosted 10/5/2012 6:10:04 PM
ok I'll cut you some slack, 2m Karma.

With your first reaction I somehow get the feeling that you're working on the legendary right now and farming karma like a zombie.

You didn't respond to the gold exploit / 500g part though.
You won't get claps from me by the way once you do get it, just a pity.

In case you wondered if I'm just a sore loser - I'm a commander, master crafter, owes 2 different sets of exotics + over 75s runes on each part + 5 different exotic weapons + 2 different sets of exotic jewels.

that's just my main, don't get me started on my alts.

Again, gl and hf getting your exotic for these ridiculous requirements.
#27steker16Posted 10/5/2012 6:34:51 PM
ok I'll cut you some slack, 2m Karma.

With your first reaction I somehow get the feeling that you're working on the legendary right now and farming karma like a zombie.

You didn't respond to the gold exploit / 500g part though.
You won't get claps from me by the way once you do get it, just a pity.

In case you wondered if I'm just a sore loser - I'm a commander, master crafter, owes 2 different sets of exotics + over 75s runes on each part + 5 different exotic weapons + 2 different sets of exotic jewels.

that's just my main, don't get me started on my alts.

Again, gl and hf getting your exotic for these ridiculous requirements.

actually no im not "farming karma like a zombie". yes i am gathering up all the other stuff needed to make one because i plan to some day have one, but im not trying to rush towards it. also for the record its more like 750k-1m karma depending on your luck with mystic clovers. the only thing you need a ton of karma for is obsidian shards, thats it, anything else is pocket change you gain in a day.

as for the gold you need 100g for the ice rune stone, plus whatever you decide to buy instead of farm. the more you farm on your own the less you need to buy, the only way its costing anyone 500g is if they try to buy everything which would be idiotic because by time you have the needed karma you'll have well over half of everything else. the mystic clover forge recipe , even when it doesnt give you clovers, sitll gives you tier 6 fine crafting materials, which are also needed to make 2 of the gifts so once you start doing that you'll notice the amount of items you need start to drop considerbly.

there's no reason for you to be so mad and try to flex with your gear and that idiotic commander title that only the worst and most useless players have....complaining about how much it costs to make a legendary when you spent 100g(the same amount of gold needed for the only truly expensive(in terms of gold) part of crafting a legendary btw) on a title that allows you to show up on the map, lol
---
nomnomnom
#28horheristoPosted 10/5/2012 6:44:22 PM
That rank alone gives more show than a weapon that hardly anyone who isn't 10m away from you will notice.
But then again, if you're going to afk in lion's arch later once you do get the weapon, that makes you no less of an attention whore commander, now does it? :)

Also, 500g is still 500g, farmed it yourself or not, you still ended up spending 500g.
Plus, since there are only so many DE's in the last 2 maps, I'd call it zombie farm if one does focus on accumulating karma, repeating the same ones over and over.

Not mad mate, I'm actually a very practical person, and in my eyes spreading 500g amongs 8 classes sounds more reasonable right now - Functionality over quality.
#29awwwSNAPPosted 10/5/2012 8:44:09 PM
How are people seriously complaining that something called "legendary" is time-consuming to acquire? The point is they want it to be something you don't see every character running around with like Diablo legendaries. It's optional. Get over yourselves. You don't get to decide how hard you should have to work for a given reward - there are very few scenarios in life where that is actually the case. The reqs are what the creators decided they should be, and if you feel that they are excessive? There is no penalty whatsoever for not completing them.
#30cgwhite85Posted 10/5/2012 10:02:31 PM
Nordini posted...
cgwhite85 posted...
I am amazed at the number of people I have seen in game or elsewhere that complain about the time it takes to acquire a legendary item. If you don't want to spend the time getting one THEN DONT. They are not in anyway necessary. They exist SOLELY for people who enjoy a grind.

There are plenty of great looking weapon skins in the game. Most legendary weapons are ugly as sin anyway. Surely you can find at least 1 skin you like as much as whatever legendary you want.

The instant gratification mentality is ruining mmos.

There is a very very very large gap between instant gratification and the requirements for a legendary weapon.... there's definitely a happy medium or two in there

The "happy medium" would of course be ALL THE OTHER EQUIPMENT IN THE ENTIRE GAME. Which is not even a medium, since it is all easy to acquire. Literally the only things you need to grind for in the whole game are legendariy weapons. Those legendaires, once again, hold no real benefit over any other gear. It is a skin you grind for, that is it. If you don't want to grind then don't. Pick one of the dozens of other cool weapon skins and use that. Let the folks who like to grind for some prestige item have this ONE thing.