I'm having trouble sticking with this game

#1OzBTFUPosted 10/5/2012 9:39:01 PM
I know I'm a new user but this is not an attempt to troll. I've had guild wars 2 since the headstart and played some open beta, but for some reason, I'm having the hardest time wanting to play it. The urge just isn't there like it has been for so many previous games and I can't put my finger on why. The combat is slick and refreshing, the graphics are beautiful, but I can never get myself to log on, and when I do it's always less than an hour.

Anyone else having these issues?
Help me =[
#2Quasar_330Posted 10/5/2012 9:41:21 PM
I typically just log in to do the world dragons, and run a dungeon once every day or so. I just don't have the time to play all day.
#3horheristoPosted 10/5/2012 9:51:06 PM
Know yourself and what you expect of a game before you play it.

What is it exactly that you seek in a game to provide you entertainment?
Once you'll find the answer, you'll know what to do next.
#4cgwhite85Posted 10/5/2012 10:09:52 PM
I dont know. What level is your character? What profession are you? Do you have some good armor sets and weapons? Have you explored all the dungeon paths? Trade skills? Do you enjoy pvp?

There is lots to do in the game. Maybe you have not found a profession that clicked with you. Playing a character you dont like makes it hard to stick with it. I tried a ranger first and was really gettin bored (not knocking rangers, they just do not function like their gw1 selves), so I switched to mesmer and enjoy playing much more now.
#5IndigoIcePosted 10/5/2012 10:15:10 PM
horheristo posted...
Sounds to me like TC got the first wrong impression, then paused, then realized he's playing a different game.

By the way, hating / disliking a game and posting about it doesn't make you a troll.
If you quit and remain in forums much after and still talking crap about it, that does.

In my opinion, it's people who bring about about WoW and being sarcastic to TC when the TC's intent was just to share it's weakness are the trolls.

It isn't crap when it's the truth that the game is facing. I understand some players are being defensive about it since they don't want others to think badly about the game. But they shouldn't be over defensive trying to negate or disrespect others' opinions. That's the same like those politicians who try to shut people who have different opinions from them.

Anyway, it isn't "hate nor dislike", it's expressing my concern to my current favourite game.
#6IndigoIcePosted 10/5/2012 10:16:06 PM
IndigoIce posted...
horheristo posted...
Sounds to me like TC got the first wrong impression, then paused, then realized he's playing a different game.

By the way, hating / disliking a game and posting about it doesn't make you a troll.
If you quit and remain in forums much after and still talking crap about it, that does.

In my opinion, it's people who bring about about WoW and being sarcastic to TC when the TC's intent was just to share it's weakness are the trolls.

It isn't crap when it's the truth that the game is facing. I understand some players are being defensive about it since they don't want others to think badly about the game. But they shouldn't be over defensive trying to negate or disrespect others' opinions. That's the same like those politicians who try to shut people who have different opinions from them.

Anyway, it isn't "hate nor dislike", it's expressing my concern to my current favourite game.

Sorry, posted in the wrong thread.
I don't know how my post ended up here.
#7IndigoIcePosted 10/5/2012 10:26:48 PM
Can a mod help me delete my wrong post above?
I accidentally posted that in the wrong thread while opening up this tab too.

OzBTFU posted...
I know I'm a new user but this is not an attempt to troll. I've had guild wars 2 since the headstart and played some open beta, but for some reason, I'm having the hardest time wanting to play it. The urge just isn't there like it has been for so many previous games and I can't put my finger on why. The combat is slick and refreshing, the graphics are beautiful, but I can never get myself to log on, and when I do it's always less than an hour.

Anyone else having these issues?
Help me =[

You're not alone. Me and few of my friends are having the same problem too.
The problem is the game doesn't have it's addictive feature. It doesn't pulls me in after playing for a month. It's my current favourite game and I don't know why it makes me feel of not so "looking forward" each day. I still have some hope with this game. I'm going to try create my 3rd character, a mesmer and level up to 80. Then I'll decide what to do next for myself.
#8Amy_AwienPosted 10/5/2012 10:40:30 PM
Don't force yourself to play it if you don't feel like playing, let it rest a a week, a month.Maybe something else want your attention for a while
#9GoatJugSoupPosted 10/5/2012 11:44:15 PM
Its more fun if you're playing with at least 1 other non random person, I'd recommend either getting an irl friend into the game or joining a guild and finding someone there you get along with
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
Currently playing: Guild Wars 2, Current Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi
#10lkmanPosted 10/5/2012 11:57:40 PM
Tune up the gamma in the graphical settings of the game to 1.6, it's greatly improved the playability of the game as the visual effect and its graphic turns out to be more gorgeous and vivid. First of the time, i disliked the color palette of the game as it was too dull and boring, but after spending a month on the game, i figured out the problem, and found out that the gamma option significantly changes the game to a gorgeous level and my appetite for the game as well.

This is my suggestion on the other thread, hopefully this helps you as well :p