Leveling (please help)

#1decafe103Posted 10/5/2012 10:19:47 PM
I thought i was doing the main story, then it started to get hard on the instances. So i've been just grinding on creatures and trying to mine and such when i can. What is the fastest way to level?
---
XBL Gamertag: Flooded Lotus
#2clowningPosted 10/5/2012 10:24:26 PM
Don't grind on creatures. The fastest way to level is to do the following things:

1) Dynamic Events

2) hearts

3) crafting

4) explore/map completion
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#3decafe103(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 10:26:25 PM
Thank you so much! but what do you mean by hearts?
---
XBL Gamertag: Flooded Lotus
#4cgwhite85Posted 10/5/2012 10:31:13 PM
every map has literal heart shapes on it. If you go to a heart, an npc with dialog will be there. This npc can outline some goals to complete, when you do you will be awarded with money and experience. You do not even NEED to talk to the npc as being near and NPC with a heart will put up a list of objectives in the top right of your screen.

They are essentially guild wars answer to a quest log. Go into the area the quest can be done and the objectives are listed as well as how close you are to completion.
#5tehdudPosted 10/5/2012 10:33:14 PM
just do hearts and map completion. whenever a dynamic event happens nearby, go and do that.

it shoudlnt be a chore to level at all in this game.
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#6vnj4xPosted 10/5/2012 10:35:58 PM
Do the hearts in your respect starting area, then move to other races area (within your level).....keeping doing that 5 hrs a day, you'll be at level 80 in 10 days or less.

There's 75% chance that you don't know what I'm talking about.....so here's my example..

Example;

Do hearts level 1-5 (or something like that) at your starting area, say right outside of Divinity Reach, then jump to the portal and get to Lion Arch, then go to Elf or Charr starting area (Caledon, or Ascalone) and do the level 1-5 hearts, after you get to 10, 12 or something like that, go back to your homeland and do the hearts you couldn't accomplish before until you hit your limit, THEN repeat the process.
#7wombat013Posted 10/5/2012 11:16:43 PM
vnj4x posted...
Do the hearts in your respect starting area, then move to other races area (within your level).....keeping doing that 5 hrs a day, you'll be at level 80 in 10 days or less.

There's 75% chance that you don't know what I'm talking about.....so here's my example..

Example;

Do hearts level 1-5 (or something like that) at your starting area, say right outside of Divinity Reach, then jump to the portal and get to Lion Arch, then go to Elf or Charr starting area (Caledon, or Ascalone) and do the level 1-5 hearts, after you get to 10, 12 or something like that, go back to your homeland and do the hearts you couldn't accomplish before until you hit your limit, THEN repeat the process.

I havent had to do anything like that. Not that that isn't a good way to level, but just doing the stuff in the areas Im in has been good enough. On 2 of my 8 (yes 8) characters, I had to go to another races starting area or grind dailies or other repeatable quests to go from 15 to 16 to make sure I stayed caught up with the available quests in the second area, but otherwise it's been easy to level.
---
He who needs a pat on the back makes every man his judge
#8The_Madd_HatterPosted 10/5/2012 11:27:21 PM
i did one other starting area on each of my characters
---
There is no try, only do and do not.
#9TheAncientMonkPosted 10/5/2012 11:31:42 PM
Once a dynamic event is over wait for a minute because the next dynamic event in the quest chain will begin. You get a lot of experience, but more importantly you get a lot more fun out of the progressive story that comes with it. Dynamic events have multiple stages to them, much more than 1 or 5 stages.
#10gamertylersPosted 10/5/2012 11:39:10 PM
The fastest way to level is through crafting. It's also the most expensive way to level. Each craft will give you a guaranteed 10 levels for maxing it out.