any good dungeons to farm for gold and/or exp?

#1xVSaNxPosted 10/6/2012 4:03:01 PM
I need to make gold and I'm also trying to hit 80 (currently level 70), I used to farm CM a little when it was viable but they nerfed it
#2will57Posted 10/6/2012 7:08:39 PM
xVSaNx posted...
I need to make gold and I'm also trying to hit 80 (currently level 70), I used to farm CM a little when it was viable but they nerfed it

I find Honor of The Waves to be pretty decent. I make at least one gold per run, and there's always a chance that you might finish around the time a dragon shows up. Citadel of Flame is also pretty good. Other than dungeons though I can't really think of any special way to make gold. Exp is best learned through map completion though.

Unfortunately I think both of those dungeons I mentioned happen to be locked until you level up more. Although going from 70-80 should be pretty quick if you just complete dynamic events and maps.
---
Currently waiting the release of Mugen Souls (October 16th), Assassins Creed 3 (October 30th) and The Witch and 100 Knights (2013).
#3horheristoPosted 10/6/2012 7:12:25 PM
will57 posted...
xVSaNx posted...

I find Honor of The Waves to be pretty decent. I make at least one gold per run, and there's always a chance that you might finish around the time a dragon shows up. Citadel of Flame is also pretty good. Other than dungeons though I can't really think of any special way to make gold. Exp is best learned through map completion though.

Unfortunately I think both of those dungeons I mentioned happen to be locked until you level up more. Although going from 70-80 should be pretty quick if you just complete dynamic events and maps.

1g a run? was there something I missed?
#4will57Posted 10/6/2012 7:20:38 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean, I mean one gold, not silver or copper. Or is that a really low amount? In all honesty i'm quite new to this (last MMO I played was around 7-8 years ago) so i'm not quite sure what amount would be considered significant. One gold per run seems good enough to me though.
---
Currently waiting the release of Mugen Souls (October 16th), Assassins Creed 3 (October 30th) and The Witch and 100 Knights (2013).
#5horheristoPosted 10/6/2012 9:20:05 PM
1g is quite nice, I meant is there something I missed when I did my own runs? I seemed to barely broke even with 40~50s a run. Not that many mobs to kill to begin with, chests normally give blues / greens + finish reward 26s. Considering you don't need any repairs.

So, did I miss anything? or you got haxx M.find that gives you 3 golds (gear) a run?
#6ShadosAtPhoenixPosted 10/7/2012 10:03:32 AM
Dungeons will give like 25 silver or something just for finishing. Several enemies inside give large amounts of silver (like 5 silver). And then you get the chests, generally people with moderate amounts of magic find get a yellow or two. That adds up to about a gold. With no magic find at all on anyone (and instead min-max stats) you can run through much faster, but won't get as much money consistently. I know people who run max magic find in dungeons and make significantly more (I'm personally more after the tokens).
#7xVSaNx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 8:05:23 AM
thanks for all the info, any more is appreciated! been working on leveling 70-80 but i can't make gold for nothin
#8tigros40208Posted 10/8/2012 8:30:06 AM
xVSaNx posted...
thanks for all the info, any more is appreciated! been working on leveling 70-80 but i can't make gold for nothin

Salvage whites and sell for gold. Sell all blue and greens. Yellows tend to go for alot in AH.

From 70-80 I would work on making event rounds in Orr. Dungeons don't really seem to get me lots of xp or items for the time you spend completing them. Plus if you get a bad group can spend a fortune in repairs.