Has this game hit 3 million players yet?

#21brentsonierPosted 10/7/2012 5:10:32 AM
Graybes posted...
Sure smells like troll in here. Anyone have an air freshener?

isn't funny, by just saying 'troll' the troll has to defend himself, cause he/she knows they're a troll.
#22sonic_rockzPosted 10/7/2012 5:50:41 AM
Let's look at this: http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2

Now, does that answer the topic's question?
#23Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 5:57:16 AM
HyperDragon posted...
digitalwill2000 posted...
Funny how they made it so the server population statstic only shows how many characters have been made on the server, as opposed to how kany active players are currently online on the server.

Also funny how most gw2 players haven't even sussed this out. I did instantaneously

Yeah that's why the populations of them change constantly.

Free xfers would be a reason to that.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#24asdam_teabagPosted 10/7/2012 6:11:22 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
HyperDragon posted...
Funny how they made it so the server population statstic only shows how many characters have been made on the server, as opposed to how kany active players are currently online on the server.

Also funny how most gw2 players haven't even sussed this out. I did instantaneously

You can only transfer once every 24 hours. There wouldnt be that many people transfering, certainly not enough to change the server levels.
---
http://i.imgur.com/dD8yx.gif
#25oooooooo_toastyPosted 10/7/2012 6:20:26 AM(edited)
Its the smell of failure, you're so use to it you can't tell the difference anymore.

Sick Burn

It's not a sick burn if you say sick burn!

And NoFoundation was clearly trolling, because there was *snickers* No, FOUNDATION for what he had said! *insert picture of slowpoke*

But yeah seriously, Anet did not ban people to force them to buy more copies, there are many legitimate criticisms of this game to be had. That isn't one of them.
---
"wtf is a sephiroth" - scarecrowshand
'I've been on this board about one day and you're already pissing me off' - tranquilizerrr to Xeeh_Bitz

Edit: Miss-typed a word AND forgot I could edit. Good times
#26oooooooo_toastyPosted 10/7/2012 6:19:21 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#27KatzachanPosted 10/7/2012 6:22:36 AM
wwfgurl posted...
Server population is based on total accounts on that server, rather than total accounts logged in. If the server status is bouncing between High and Full, that means that either people are transferring to/from the server, or Arena Net is increasing the capacity of the server.

Server capacities are in place to make sure the server shards aren't overloaded during peak hours - if the capacity was based on current players, you would have new accounts associated with the server during off hours, which would mean a larger and larger number of accounts could log in on peak hours, essentially bypassing the capacity cap in the first place.

Most MMOs which bind players to a specific server shard work like this. If, on the other hand, you have no set server for your character (For instance, Champion's Online), population is the number of coterminous users, because there's no need to "reserve" space on the server to make sure the population cap isn't exceeded.

Actually, the individual maps in GW2 work like this - if the map instance is "Full", you get moved to the overflow servers.

Nice copy+paste, Katza.

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/84455/full-servers-based-on-total-population-or-current-players-logged-in

Thanks for adding more validity to my post.

Free world transfers (which were supposed to become paid last week but they decided to keep free) make up for the small changes, swapping server due to WvW makes sense when you have queues or content where winning is decided based on the server you're playing on.

I understand why players argue that it's active players because the truth would hurt, that doesn't mean the idea you are trying to push isn't complete rubbish. If there was any truth to it being active players we wouldn't still be having this argument you would of easily proved it by the huge changes between peak and off-peak. If you want to try to prove me wrong make a post on the official forums and see if they give you an answer to it, if you're so sure of this that would prove you right surely? I already know none of you will because you all know the truth of it.
#28KirynTheClericPosted 10/7/2012 6:27:06 AM
Nofoundation posted...
mrplanktom posted...
Nofoundation posted...
3 million? Hah. Even with all the people they "perma-banned"

Didn't you and others b**** so much that ANet offered to unban the douches that got banned in the first place? You had to post on a website or something...

You're confusing me with someone. I enjoyed the bans precisely because they upset so many people. Some guy on the forum here was charging people 2s for rezzing them and I copied his idea to great success, getting people to say things that may or may not have resulted in them being suspended.

Most fun I had in the game was getting people upset, then watching them not log on for days after they said a few PG13 phrases.

Nofoundation posted...
I hate trolls

Sure does smell like hypocrite in here guys.
---
"And at what point did you decide to stay on the forums? I don't get that mentality but some people don't have better things to do." - Nofoundation.
#29Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 6:38:14 AM
asdam_teabag posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
HyperDragon posted...

You can only transfer once every 24 hours. There wouldnt be that many people transfering, certainly not enough to change the server levels.

Explain why when a server goes down for patches, when it comes up. literally a second it comes up the server is full, and the rest of the populations are as they were when the server went down.

Seems highly unlikely everyone hammering the login to log in at the exact same time. I mean a second, server went down and I logged in, couldn't tried again soon as the first failed, logged in and checked status. Bam, all servers = same population, so explain that
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#30GraybesPosted 10/7/2012 6:56:42 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
asdam_teabag posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
HyperDragon posted...

Explain why when a server goes down for patches, when it comes up. literally a second it comes up the server is full, and the rest of the populations are as they were when the server went down.

Seems highly unlikely everyone hammering the login to log in at the exact same time. I mean a second, server went down and I logged in, couldn't tried again soon as the first failed, logged in and checked status. Bam, all servers = same population, so explain that

Because those statuses don't refresh every second of the day.
---
Responding to trolls since 2003.