still no guild wars 2 mods?

#1xVSaNxPosted 10/7/2012 9:05:16 AM(edited)
i'd really like a dps meter, and combat mod 1.0 seems pretty decent

edit: in topic title i meant to ask if arena net still disallows mods
#2AerzelPosted 10/7/2012 9:10:57 AM
No. Arenanet does not officially ban any mod.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10xk9u/arenanet_on_combat_mode_you_wont_get_banned/

Check there for more info.

I've been using combat mod ever since it was released, because it makes combat much, much better. It went from bearable to enjoyable.

I have no idea if other mods are available at this time.
---
If you're reading this, then I just made you lose a few seconds of your life, which you'll never get back. Enjoy your day.
#3xVSaNx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 9:18:12 AM
I see, thankyou very much I was looking for something like that that I heard about thru a comment but wanted to verify

would love to have a dps meter if anyone has any info on one, or more game functionality mods or slight graphical improvement mods like to remove the shininess on characters
#4steker16Posted 10/7/2012 9:32:57 AM
lol dps meter
---
nomnomnom
#5Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/7/2012 9:45:19 AM
steker16 posted...
lol dps meter

You must've been one of those people who was always on the bottom.

DPS meters shows progression, rather in skill or gear.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#6Eeshaan1685Posted 10/7/2012 9:48:14 AM
lol dps meter
#7ShadosAtPhoenixPosted 10/7/2012 10:00:36 AM
Aerzel posted...
No. Arenanet does not officially ban any mod.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10xk9u/arenanet_on_combat_mode_you_wont_get_banned/

Check there for more info.

I've been using combat mod ever since it was released, because it makes combat much, much better. It went from bearable to enjoyable.

I have no idea if other mods are available at this time.

Or rather, they ban ALL mods except the ones that clearly don't give any advantage over whats already in the game. Combat mod slips in the gray area only because all it does is hold down a button and add a little circle and most people already play that way. Something like a screen overlay giving you additional information would definitely fall under the bannable category.
#8dejavu1982Posted 10/7/2012 11:27:54 AM
How do i get combat mod?
#9TacketoPosted 10/7/2012 1:05:21 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
steker16 posted...
lol dps meter

You must've been one of those people who was always on the bottom.

DPS meters shows progression, rather in skill or gear.

Originally yes. But today, its more common use is to ban or disallow other players because their dps isn't "good enough."
---
Just an abdominal flex from Jecht makes all women in a thirty foot radius fall to the ground in a spasm of blatant fertility and pleasure. -ChromeRoot
#10xVSaNx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 2:23:15 PM
I hate DPS meter nerds in wow, I like dps meters for personal dps efficiency/tracking, but in gw2 with no trinity and everyone being versatile, people going strictly for dps might hinder the team without ressing and such

lol well there are target dummies, so I don't see why they'd have a problem with a dps meter, but it did take them a while to come around to combat mod