The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I know whats wrong with this game

#1paradicio12Posted 10/8/2012 1:24:03 AM
Its a single player game with multiplayer options, thats where all this hate is coming from. Alot of these people (including me) were expecting an MMO but its just a single player rpg.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#2Irvy_and_SelphyPosted 10/8/2012 1:39:20 AM
Aren't every MMO like that, thought? GW1 is like that, WoW is like that, SW:TOR is like that (not that it's a good exemple, but still), Aion... well, I haven't played that last one very far, but from what I played it could be solo'ed as well...
---
In story-telling, unless it is stated later on that a piece of information was actually false, every piece of given information is truthful.
#3davek1979Posted 10/8/2012 1:41:17 AM
A good chunk of GW2's content can't be soloed.
---
"Logic says, no announcement of them not adding it means, they're not going to add it. EVER." - Xeeh_Bitz, 8/8/2012, 8:06:24 AM
#4FiredraconianPosted 10/8/2012 2:26:44 AM
paradicio12 posted...
Its a single player game with multiplayer options, thats where all this hate is coming from. Alot of these people (including me) were expecting an MMO but its just a single player rpg.

What would have made it an MMO, then? Forced grouping? Making everything un-soloable? That would be terrible.
---
"I wake up early, and I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."
#5GumpNationPosted 10/8/2012 2:33:46 AM
Irvy_and_Selphy posted...
Aren't every MMO like that, thought? GW1 is like that, WoW is like that, SW:TOR is like that (not that it's a good exemple, but still), Aion... well, I haven't played that last one very far, but from what I played it could be solo'ed as well...

When I played GW1 you had to group with people to continue playing the game.

As time went on I guess they added Elite Henchmen as the population dwindled/moved into the end-zones.

Problem with GW2 is... everything is pointless.

Doing Dungeons? What for? The Gear isn't better than any gear you can get with less difficult/time. It just looks better.. well some of it, anyway.

Doing WvW? Pointless. Win, Lose, whatever.. It's pointless.

sPvP? You grind Glory Points to unlock chests/Mercs to buy new equipment that.. looks better. Supposedly.

There's no progression. No reason to keep playing beyond "I wants my guy/girl to looks ze badass!" and that is wrapped around a little thing called repetition.

This game needed Guild Wars, Guild Ranks, Guild Halls (That can be upgraded). It needed better open world PvP (WvW just doesn't do it).
#6Love_Me_SexyPosted 10/8/2012 2:38:13 AM
Sounds like he wants another FFXI.

Grind to lvl10 solo then wait 3 hours for a forced tag'n'pull party for the dunes that breaks up in 20 min, making lvl 11 seem impossible to get to. Then some one pulls wrong, you die and de-level back to lvl9.

Yes, lets go back to that, shall we?
#7FiredraconianPosted 10/8/2012 2:43:55 AM
GumpNation posted...

Well, no. It's a game. The point is to have fun. Are you incapable of enjoying a video game unless it announces that you're better than everyone else with a points breakdown?

See, this is why I prefer RP servers. You don't have that kind of fixated mentality. I have no idea how it got started. I feel like football players will start demanding better running shoes than the other teams if they win a season, because otherwise winning was pointless.
---
"I wake up early, and I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."
#8thejectPosted 10/8/2012 2:46:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9GumpNationPosted 10/8/2012 2:53:51 AM
Firedraconian posted...
GumpNation posted...

Well, no. It's a game. The point is to have fun. Are you incapable of enjoying a video game unless it announces that you're better than everyone else with a points breakdown?

See, this is why I prefer RP servers. You don't have that kind of fixated mentality. I have no idea how it got started. I feel like football players will start demanding better running shoes than the other teams if they win a season, because otherwise winning was pointless.

I don't know about Football, but I'm pretty sure most Sports employ some kind of trophy that players work years of their lives to achieve.

Take my Guild Vs Guild idea. The concept is already there in GW1 and GW2. You start with a default Guild Hall/Keep. It's small, doesn't have great defences and is over all rather unthreatening. You can have three GvG types:

Slaughter: Objective - Kill Everyone. Last Guild standing wins. Game Type: Best three out of Five etc.

Capture the Flag: Objective - Capture the Orb/Flag/VIP in the Opposing Guilds Guild Hall/Keep. Game Type: Max Time 10/15/20 Minutes.

Conquer: Objective - Kill the Guild Lord. Game Type: Max Time 10/15/20 Minutes.

Slaughter would be a straight up Deathmatch.

Capture the Object / Conquer would involve invading the opposing Guilds Keep and taking the Object/killing the Keep Lord.

As you win you gain Guild Exp and Guild Prestige. You can use the prestige to buy bigger Halls/Keeps, upgrade your defences. You can purchase things like Guild Caps, Guild Emblems on Armor/Weapons, Weapon Coloring, Guild Icons etc. as long as your Guild is at the right level/rank.

Eventually, you work in large Tournaments by Official and Unofficial. You have a short season, where the Top 50 guild go through, and play a playoff style Tournament. The winning Guild gets like a Trophy, or something.

Obviously the idea would be fleshed out, but all the ingredients are already in GW1 and GW2. Now Guilds Matter.
#10FiredraconianPosted 10/8/2012 2:55:05 AM
What's with the desire for World PvP, anyway? All it ever involved was ganking and the so-called 'zerg-fests' that everyone seems to hate anyway. Do people just really miss being ganked?
---