I know whats wrong with this game

#11GumpNationPosted 10/8/2012 3:00:37 AM
Firedraconian posted...
What's with the desire for World PvP, anyway? All it ever involved was ganking and the so-called 'zerg-fests' that everyone seems to hate anyway. Do people just really miss being ganked?

Not that different from WvW.

In WvW you meet up with a zerg and travel with them. You might break off with a small Guild group and go around doing PvE (Hitting Supply Stations etc.) but that's it.

You join the zerg. You zerg down a PvE target (Gate/Wall) kill a PvE NPC and then move on.

Then you sleep, the other server logs in, takes everything they want because no one on the other servers is on.. and rinse and repeat.

Difference? WvW is rather pointless. There's no real reason to bother with it.
#12Shatter123Posted 10/8/2012 3:03:18 AM
paradicio12 posted...
Its a single player game with multiplayer options, thats where all this hate is coming from. Alot of these people (including me) were expecting an MMO but its just a single player rpg.

this is exactly what i hate about this game, i was lied to about it, everyone said its the next big thing..its not the next big thing and its not even an mmo at all...
#13SolidFischerPosted 10/8/2012 3:09:12 AM
GumpNation posted...
Firedraconian posted...

Since World PVP is very meaningful.
---
Fear is only what you feel.
#14Demonee-HoPosted 10/8/2012 3:14:09 AM
Succeeding in WvW nets your server some pretty significant bonuses.
#15FiredraconianPosted 10/8/2012 4:02:50 AM
GumpNation posted...

What's the 'point' of World PvP? What's the reason to bother with it?
---
"I wake up early, and I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."
#16DraconisRexPosted 10/8/2012 4:09:19 AM
paradicio12 posted...
Its a single player game with multiplayer options, thats where all this hate is coming from. Alot of these people (including me) were expecting an MMO but its just a single player rpg.

Lousy pontificating trolls, actually.
---
Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead
#17DraconisRexPosted 10/8/2012 4:13:21 AM
GumpNation posted...
Irvy_and_Selphy posted...
Aren't every MMO like that, thought? GW1 is like that, WoW is like that, SW:TOR is like that (not that it's a good exemple, but still), Aion... well, I haven't played that last one very far, but from what I played it could be solo'ed as well...

When I played GW1 you had to group with people to continue playing the game.

No you didn't. You had to group to do certain things. But that's it. And it was always like that. Even after they added Elite Henchman which were, frankly, only good for the stuff you'd be soloing anyway.

They just made the solo stuff a bit easier.

And with that, I don't feel like going on about the rest of your whining post. Honestly, it's more of the same BS and, under your logic, ALL MMOs are pointless. All games are pointless. Hell, even most people's lives are pointless.
---
#18DraconisRexPosted 10/8/2012 4:18:27 AM
GumpNation posted...
Firedraconian posted...
GumpNation posted...
Problem with GW2 is... everything is pointless.

Well, no. It's a game. The point is to have fun. Are you incapable of enjoying a video game unless it announces that you're better than everyone else with a points breakdown?

See, this is why I prefer RP servers. You don't have that kind of fixated mentality. I have no idea how it got started. I feel like football players will start demanding better running shoes than the other teams if they win a season, because otherwise winning was pointless.

I don't know about Football, but I'm pretty sure most Sports employ some kind of trophy that players work years of their lives to achieve.

So, all that backyard football I played as a kid was pointless. All that sandlot baseball was pointless. All that bike riding, fishing, hiking, golf, racketball, basketball, hand-basebase, dodgeball, wall ball, etc., was pointless because there were no trophy's involved...

Chist, but you're stuck in a horrible mental outlook that says YOU MUST HAVE AN EXTERNAL REWARD AND RECOGNITION for something to have a 'point.' Really, you need to look at how you look at LIFE, not just games.

And, once again the rest of your post is just filled with a whine based on the jaded state of mind you have cultivated.
---
#19DraconisRexPosted 10/8/2012 4:23:00 AM
Shatter123 posted...
paradicio12 posted...

this is exactly what i hate about this game, i was lied to about it, everyone said its the next big thing..its not the next big thing and its not even an mmo at all...

And, this is one of the dumber "I'm making my private defintion" trolls.

Massive -- check.
Mulitplayer -- check.
Online -- check.

Sub0Details: Progression (has it), Social interaction (has it), roleplaying (has it), persistence (has it), economy (has it).

Like I said, what's wrong with this game is it needs better trolls. This is kindergarten trolling. You might impress them, but anyone who has been to a rodeo knows what you third-team trolls are dropping comes out of the rear-end of bulls.
---
#20KirynTheClericPosted 10/8/2012 6:13:21 AM
GumpNation posted...
Irvy_and_Selphy posted...
Aren't every MMO like that, thought? GW1 is like that, WoW is like that, SW:TOR is like that (not that it's a good exemple, but still), Aion... well, I haven't played that last one very far, but from what I played it could be solo'ed as well...

When I played GW1 you had to group with people to continue playing the game.

As time went on I guess they added Elite Henchmen as the population dwindled/moved into the end-zones.

Problem with GW2 is... everything is pointless.

Doing Dungeons? What for? The Gear isn't better than any gear you can get with less difficult/time. It just looks better.. well some of it, anyway.

Doing WvW? Pointless. Win, Lose, whatever.. It's pointless.

sPvP? You grind Glory Points to unlock chests/Mercs to buy new equipment that.. looks better. Supposedly.

There's no progression. No reason to keep playing beyond "I wants my guy/girl to looks ze badass!" and that is wrapped around a little thing called repetition.

This game needed Guild Wars, Guild Ranks, Guild Halls (That can be upgraded). It needed better open world PvP (WvW just doesn't do it).

How is this ANY different from GW1?

GW1:

"Doing Dungeons? What for? The Gear isn't better than any gear you can get with less difficult/time. It just looks better.. well some of it, anyway."

Doing RA? "Pointless. Win, lose, whatever... It's pointless."

"There's no progression. No reason to keep playing beyond "I wants my guy/girl to looks ze badass!" and that is wrapped around a little thing called repetition."
---
"And at what point did you decide to stay on the forums? I don't get that mentality but some people don't have better things to do." - Nofoundation.