I know whats wrong with this game

#21FiredraconianPosted 10/8/2012 7:56:47 AM
The game I played before this was WoW. Well, and Rift. And SWTOR. But anyway! In those games, my main driving motivation in PvE was to get better gear to fight stronger bosses to get better gear. My main driving motivation in PvP was to get more points or a higher score to get better gear to better "pwnzor teh newbs".

In GW2, the main reason to get new gear is because you think it looks cooler than the gear you have now. The main reason to PvP is because you like PvPing, because it's a (more or less) level playing field. There's no "bah, their team has all season 28 gear, we have no chance of winning".

And I kinda like that.
---
"I wake up early, and I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."
#22Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/8/2012 8:21:51 AM
Firedraconian posted...
GumpNation posted...
Difference? WvW is rather pointless. There's no real reason to bother with it.

What's the 'point' of World PvP? What's the reason to bother with it?

World PVP is very random and it's not always being ganked or ganking, that generally starts guild wars, which brings in more guilds, also attacking of other cities brings in groups of max level characters which is totally random, in WvW, you queue for it and you know what is going to happen, with World PVP it can happen anytime, any where which makes it exciting.

Want to get some trouble stirred up? Attack a low level town and keep on, eventually it'll lead to a war.

With WvW, exciting. Static PVP at it's finest
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#23TheNeckbeardPosted 10/8/2012 8:36:13 AM
Firedraconian posted...
What's with the desire for World PvP, anyway? All it ever involved was ganking and the so-called 'zerg-fests' that everyone seems to hate anyway. Do people just really miss being ganked?

Well in faction based games like WoW used to be like, it gives entering contested zones or enemy territory this sense of being vulnerable which IMO makes the game more enjoyable. My best or favorite WoW moments were the open world PVP moments.

An occasional being slaughtered by someone by random can still be fun or funny, it can motivate, make the player be on their toes and play better as well. One random killing in vanilla WoW would/could spark a whole massive battle over a location that would give entertainment for a whole evening.

No one enjoys being repeatedly camped and ganked by some punk with a power trip but just Open World PVP as it's meant to be done is very fun and adds to the game.

I do think this game could have used some of that. It would have made more sense given the climate of the game to have the ability to fight.. we can't even duel the main game.
#24Zephyr_LeePosted 10/8/2012 8:37:58 AM
It's not the games fault

It's this new generation of nerds who to play by themselves
Who are anti social and bring that anti social to the game
And prefer to play alone cuz it's easier
So to say
#25alkarion_logPosted 10/8/2012 9:03:59 AM
Zephyr_Lee posted...
It's not the games fault

So to say

dude don't toss the status nerd to the dirty here, all kids today say they are nerds as cool, I was nerd before most of this kinds was born and when its wasn't cool.

being a nerd is more tehn just play games, being a nerd is you use your head to solve problems, to join with people to solve it, if it too hard you welcome the challenge because after it you will be not only stronger but also smarter, not complaing its too hard and hope tehy nerf X dungeon or Y boss fight. a true nerd would not like such things, unless its a bug.
---
FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and some money
#26TheNeckbeardPosted 10/8/2012 9:05:07 AM
Zephyr_Lee posted...
It's not the games fault

So to say

I love to play solo a lot of the time but I love a challenge. I just don't care for being ridiculed by other players for how I play or standardization. Well even though you bought and play this game with your money.. we will require you to play this way, wear this gear and jump this high when I say so. I can't stand others telling me how to play my game.

Even as much solo content was in WoW I still got repeatedly lectured by others, mainly friends.

From what race I was, not being the optimal race for the class. For not using the standard choice for weapons for that class or standard pet. I did what I wanted to do in the game regardless of what others said wouldn't be as good as something else. Because of this, it was better to go it alone. Hell even the speed at which I leveled. Everyone wanted me to blast to cap and instead I always took forever.

Final Fantasy XI force you into groups after just the first few levels and as such the community was awful, rude harsh players. On top of which it was insanely hard to find groups to get stuff done so when you couldn't get a group you were screwed.
#27zazz9Posted 10/8/2012 10:30:42 AM
DraconisRex posted...
And, this is one of the dumber "I'm making my private defintion" trolls.

Massive -- check.
Mulitplayer -- check.
Online -- check.

Sub0Details: Progression (has it), Social interaction (has it), roleplaying (has it), persistence (has it), economy (has it).

Well I guess by your checklist TOR was the best game ever. Just because a game has it does not mean it was done well... at ALL.

You know it was entertaining watching you bash TOR all day... because we all know EA deserves it. But watching you GW2 fanboy is just sad over a complete trash game (GW2). The ONLY thing keeping GW2 from flopping worse than TOR is the GW2 fanboys excuse of no monthly fee's... that's it.

PS. I don't play either game (TOR or GW2).
---
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/12003_322bd612e8d4f596.png
#28zazz9Posted 10/8/2012 10:34:24 AM
Shatter123 posted...
this is exactly what i hate about this game, i was lied to about it, everyone said its the next big thing..its not the next big thing and its not even an mmo at all...

That's what you get for believing obvious idiots without doing your own homework watching livestreams and other videos of gameplay before you purchase it. I know it saved me 60 bucks (or however much this game cost).
---
#29luinksPosted 10/8/2012 10:35:08 AM
zazz9 posted...
DraconisRex posted...
And, this is one of the dumber "I'm making my private defintion" trolls.

Massive -- check.
Mulitplayer -- check.
Online -- check.

Sub0Details: Progression (has it), Social interaction (has it), roleplaying (has it), persistence (has it), economy (has it).

Well I guess by your checklist TOR was the best game ever. Just because a game has it does not mean it was done well... at ALL.

You know it was entertaining watching you bash TOR all day... because we all know EA deserves it. But watching you GW2 fanboy is just sad over a complete trash game (GW2). The ONLY thing keeping GW2 from flopping worse than TOR is the GW2 fanboys excuse of no monthly fee's... that's it.

PS. I don't play either game (TOR or GW2).

please go back to school since its a problem or reading comprehension

the guy is clearly adressing the topic title and the initial post
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/w7mqs9.png
http://i44.tinypic.com/f2owhk.gif
#30zazz9Posted 10/8/2012 10:38:46 AM
luinks posted...
please go back to school since its a problem or reading comprehension

the guy is clearly adressing the topic title and the initial post

My reading comprehension works just fine thank you. You need to work on yours.
---