I know whats wrong with this game

#51paradicio12(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 10:04:44 PM
kppgno posted...
GumpNation posted...
Irvy_and_Selphy posted...
Aren't every MMO like that, thought? GW1 is like that, WoW is like that, SW:TOR is like that (not that it's a good exemple, but still), Aion... well, I haven't played that last one very far, but from what I played it could be solo'ed as well...

When I played GW1 you had to group with people to continue playing the game.

As time went on I guess they added Elite Henchmen as the population dwindled/moved into the end-zones.

Problem with GW2 is... everything is pointless.

Doing Dungeons? What for? The Gear isn't better than any gear you can get with less difficult/time. It just looks better.. well some of it, anyway.

Doing WvW? Pointless. Win, Lose, whatever.. It's pointless.

sPvP? You grind Glory Points to unlock chests/Mercs to buy new equipment that.. looks better. Supposedly.

There's no progression. No reason to keep playing beyond "I wants my guy/girl to looks ze badass!" and that is wrapped around a little thing called repetition.

This game needed Guild Wars, Guild Ranks, Guild Halls (That can be upgraded). It needed better open world PvP (WvW just doesn't do it).

Whats the point in being alive if im just going to die anyway!!!

But in all seriousness, your look on videogames is horrible!, Plansetside 2 is basically going to be a giant WvWvW and were all having a blast in beta

Its about the experience.. WvWvW gets really intense. Esepcially when you are so close to smashing an enemies castle gate down.

Woah Woah Woah, dont EVER compare GW2 to the masterpiece that is Planetside 2. NEVER again.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#52Lupin the 4thPosted 10/11/2012 10:08:25 PM
Lol at zazz. "I'm somehow an expert on two games I've never even played. My opinion is totally valid and people with firsthand experience playing these games don't know what they're talking about!"

If this is how sad all the leftover trolls are, I almost feel bad for blocking the major ones. At least most of them actually played the game.
---
The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again! Ha Ha Ha!)
-Lupin III: Stealing jewels and schooling fools since 1967-
#53FishermanFriendPosted 10/12/2012 12:28:14 PM
Firedraconian posted...
paradicio12 posted...
Its a single player game with multiplayer options, thats where all this hate is coming from. Alot of these people (including me) were expecting an MMO but its just a single player rpg.

What would have made it an MMO, then? Forced grouping? Making everything un-soloable? That would be terrible.

What has made every single mmo in the last 15 years? Large scale raiding. Team work, cooperation, strategy, challenge. All lacking in this game.
#54Duke DarkwoodPosted 10/12/2012 1:07:48 PM
Whats the point in being alive if im just going to die anyway!!!

"Why create, when it will only be destroyed? Why cling to life,knowing that you have to die? None of it will have meant anything once you do!" -K. Palazzo

To which I have the most immortal rebuttal of all:

"Don't take life so seriously; you'll never get out alive." -B. Bunny

Like I said in my previous post: Play this game for the fun of it! With others! Without others! PvE! PvP! Dungeons! Crafting! Mapping! Whatever floats your boat! Why is this so hard to understand? Arenanet gets it. They made a game that you can play how you want to - and all of you are quibbling over what you "have to do"?
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#55Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/12/2012 1:11:52 PM
DraconisRex posted...
Shatter123 posted...
paradicio12 posted...
Its a single player game with multiplayer options, thats where all this hate is coming from. Alot of these people (including me) were expecting an MMO but its just a single player rpg.

this is exactly what i hate about this game, i was lied to about it, everyone said its the next big thing..its not the next big thing and its not even an mmo at all...

And, this is one of the dumber "I'm making my private defintion" trolls.

Massive -- check.
Mulitplayer -- check.
Online -- check.

Sub0Details: Progression (has it), Social interaction (has it), roleplaying (has it), persistence (has it), economy (has it).

Like I said, what's wrong with this game is it needs better trolls. This is kindergarten trolling. You might impress them, but anyone who has been to a rodeo knows what you third-team trolls are dropping comes out of the rear-end of bulls.

Progression is getting different outfits?

The economy in GW2s is the worst economy I've seen in any MMO, Social Interaction? Yeah right, to who?

It's an MMO, but it's a very poor MMO
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#56mlacenPosted 10/12/2012 1:28:04 PM
shelved.

Playing Ninja Fish on Android. Now that game rocks!
---
GW2: Shelved until more PVP/Endgame content released.
TSW: Shelved until more PVP/Endgame content released.
#57CaliberChampPosted 10/12/2012 2:01:49 PM
I know the problem of this topic... Tc doesn't know enough about the game.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Unrecommended games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, FF14, SFxT,
#58iLIFTnudePosted 10/12/2012 5:12:00 PM
Irvy_and_Selphy posted...
Aren't every MMO like that, thought? GW1 is like that, WoW is like that, SW:TOR is like that (not that it's a good exemple, but still), Aion... well, I haven't played that last one very far, but from what I played it could be solo'ed as well...

GW1 was a lot more social than this game, despite being instanced.
---
When life gives you lemons, just say "**** the lemons" and bail.
#59IndigoIcePosted 10/12/2012 10:28:18 PM
IMO, TC knows too much about the game, which is why he's able to feel the bad pts of gw2.

I agree with iLIFTnude. The mmos of the past are much sociable than mmos like gw2. Gw2 seems to push players more towards the "game main story" than "story make with players". A good mmo should know how to lead players to have memories with each other instead of just making memories with story npcs.