Boon clarifications

#1Elec Man EXEPosted 10/8/2012 10:24:18 AM
Got some questions about boons, mostly in regards to certain stat modifiers / traits. Hopefully I can get some answers.

1.) The "Boon Duration" stat / modifier. What does that affect, exactly? I'm sure they apply to boons that you apply to yourself. But other than that... do they affect boons you apply to other players, making Boon Duration a useful stat for anyone trying to play a support role? Do they affect boons other players apply to you?

2.) What exactly falls under the realm of a "boon", with regards to what would be boosted by the "Boon Duration" modifier? Is it only the 6-7 standard buffs with orange icons (Might, Fury, Protection, Swiftness, ect)? Or are things like Fire Shield, Quickness, Chaos Armor, and so on also considered boons? What about food?

3.) A bit more specific, but related to #2... there's a Ranger trait that allows pets to inherit boons applied to you. As above, is that limited to the standard buffs, or would I be able to pass something like a Fire Shield (gained through using Monarch's Leap into a Fire field) to my pet?
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#2AerzelPosted 10/8/2012 10:29:18 AM
Elec Man EXE posted...
Got some questions about boons, mostly in regards to certain stat modifiers / traits. Hopefully I can get some answers.

1.) The "Boon Duration" stat / modifier. What does that affect, exactly? I'm sure they apply to boons that you apply to yourself. But other than that... do they affect boons you apply to other players, making Boon Duration a useful stat for anyone trying to play a support role? Do they affect boons other players apply to you?

2.) What exactly falls under the realm of a "boon", with regards to what would be boosted by the "Boon Duration" modifier? Is it only the 6-7 standard buffs with orange icons (Might, Fury, Protection, Swiftness, ect)? Or are things like Fire Shield, Quickness, Chaos Armor, and so on also considered boons? What about food?

3.) A bit more specific, but related to #2... there's a Ranger trait that allows pets to inherit boons applied to you. As above, is that limited to the standard buffs, or would I be able to pass something like a Fire Shield (gained through using Monarch's Leap into a Fire field) to my pet?

1) Boon duration affects the duration of all boons for which you are the source, no matter what the target.

2) Fire Shield, Quickness, etc are not boons; indeed, all boons are, like you described them, the yellow/orange upwards arrows.
---
If you're reading this, then I just made you lose a few seconds of your life, which you'll never get back. Enjoy your day.