The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Is GW2 weak even for such a niche genre of gaming? (World PVP MMORPG)

#1juzziebPosted 10/8/2012 11:13:53 AM
Best World PVP MMO of all time? - Results (169 votes)
Dark Age Of Camelot
10.06% (17 votes)
Eve Online
11.83% (20 votes)
Ultima Online
7.1% (12 votes)
Lineage II
2.96% (5 votes)
Warhammer Online
2.96% (5 votes)
Lord Of The Rings Online
1.78% (3 votes)
Guild Wars II
46.15% (78 votes)
Everquest
1.18% (2 votes)
World Of Warcraft Vanilla
13.61% (23 votes)
Aeon
2.37% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The game was so disappointing for me, I know a lot of people enjoy it. Just wondering if the people enjoy it at least share the same point of view as me that it's much weaker in world pvp than some of the older titles. I personally have it on the bottom half of this list. I put them in order of what I think is best btw in case you're wondering.
#2xWoW_RougexPosted 10/8/2012 11:17:04 AM
There is no World pvp in GW2? I mean there is world versus world but it ain't the same as world pvp!

Anyway my top choice is...

I liked Vanguard's pvp system. Free for all world pvp, you could team up and then just backstab the other if you wanted for example. I also liked how you stole a buncha money from the enemy when you killed the enemy.
#3NCPwnPosted 10/8/2012 11:18:45 AM
DAOC, no contest.

Even the devs of GW2 said they were inspired to make WvWvW by studying RvR of DAOC.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#4Solid_SchmittyPosted 10/8/2012 11:22:14 AM
Ultima Online all day, night, weekend and all the holidays
#5juzzieb(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:23:59 AM(edited)
Lol people actually voted for GW2 as best world pvp game of all time? Now I know that people truly are nothing but blind fanboys. This game has absolutely nothing on at least three of the games on the list (DAOC, EvE and UO are on another level compared to GW2 and there's a few others that are better than it).
#6juzzieb(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:27:31 AM(edited)
xWoW_Rougex posted...
There is no World pvp in GW2? I mean there is world versus world but it ain't the same as world pvp!

I liked Vanguard's pvp system. Free for all world pvp, you could team up and then just backstab the other if you wanted for example. I also liked how you stole a buncha money from the enemy when you killed the enemy.

Everquest is on the list, which done everything Vanguard done but a lot better. Ultima Online and EvE also done it a lot better than both of them. At best i'd put Vanguard at 9th, ahead of Vanilla WoW.
#7juzzieb(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:28:44 AM
NCPwn posted...
DAOC, no contest.

Even the devs of GW2 said they were inspired to make WvWvW by studying RvR of DAOC.

Too bad they didn't pull it off lol. But yes DAOC is the Blueprint for Faction Based World PVP. Always has been, sadly, probably always will be.
#8xWoW_RougexPosted 10/8/2012 11:28:57 AM
juzzieb posted...
xWoW_Rougex posted...

Everquest is on the list, which done everything Vanguard done but a lot better. Ultima Online and EvE also done it a lot better than both of them.

Mabbeh but I spent my early mmorpg years playing Tibia so I never experienced neither Everquest nor Ultima. As for EvE, I'm sure it's great actually but I just can't enjoy Eve, the space theme is pretty much the complete opposite of what I like (Pirates, blue water, wooden planks and just colorful stuff)
#9juzzieb(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:34:07 AM
xWoW_Rougex posted...
juzzieb posted...
xWoW_Rougex posted...

Everquest is on the list, which done everything Vanguard done but a lot better. Ultima Online and EvE also done it a lot better than both of them.

Mabbeh but I spent my early mmorpg years playing Tibia so I never experienced neither Everquest nor Ultima. As for EvE, I'm sure it's great actually but I just can't enjoy Eve, the space theme is pretty much the complete opposite of what I like (Pirates, blue water, wooden planks and just colorful stuff)

I'm not as big on EvE as a lot of people although I've casually played it for years but it's never been a favorite of mine. But if you look at the way the whole game runs it definitely is a lot better than Guild Wars 2 and one of the best world pvp MMOs of all time, I could see why some people might even think it's the best.

I'm more surprised no one has tried to bring up Darkfall Online though lol. Which to me is the example of why EvE online needed to be in space.
#10NordiniPosted 10/8/2012 11:36:18 AM
juzzieb posted...
Lol people actually voted for GW2 as best world pvp game of all time? Now I know that people truly are nothing but blind fanboys. This game has absolutely nothing on at least three of the games on the list (DAOC, EvE and UO are on another level compared to GW2 and there's a few others that are better than it).

You mean they are actually regular users and not trolls.
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.