I'm going to be compiling a well thought out discussion post for official forums

#11ATARIJAWAPosted 10/8/2012 2:01:03 PM
ATARIJAWA posted...
Saw topic title, saw who TC was, sat back and am eagerly awaiting the show.

What show? this is a legit topic bro. Even says "serious discussion" right in the post.

And the curtains just went up........

Oh what heights we'll hit, on with the show, THIS IS IT!!!!!!!!
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 9-10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. 8 and below : Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 82
#12chickenloverXPosted 10/8/2012 2:10:22 PM
Stuff already said about TP.
Duels.
Guild wars.
Custom UI.
I feel disconnected in spvp. An spvp option/bracket to use your lvl 80 PvE dude?
#13AerzelPosted 10/8/2012 3:38:59 PM
Remake combat to allow crosshair targeting (combat mode mod) and include a resource pool for skills.
Get rid of biography questions at character creation.
Add engame content: more dungeons, more purely lvl 80 areas with DE chains ending in massive world bosses.
Change the game philosophy of "more players in a DE= more mobs/more HP on this boss". Instead, make the AI scale. So if there are 70 players in melee, the boss does an AoE knockback, if there are 70 players DPSing at range, the boss does an AoE pull, etc.
Make an RvR permanent server, that doesn't switch opponents every 2 weeks.
Create progression and variety in sPvP.
---
If you're reading this, then I just made you lose a few seconds of your life, which you'll never get back. Enjoy your day.
#14CruxisInhibitor(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 7:40:09 PM
chickenloverX posted...
Stuff already said about TP.
Duels.
Guild wars.
Custom UI.
I feel disconnected in spvp. An spvp option/bracket to use your lvl 80 PvE dude?

I agree, the PvE - PvP disconnect hurts longevity for the player base. People want to take their PvE goodies into sPvP. Just like they allowed it in GW1, they should allow it in this game. It will give people some competition and purpose to fight in PVP to show off their stuff. Players like this and it keeps people playing, it's a psychological mechanic and it works. This idea is definitely gonna get worked into my discussion post. Thanks.
---
http://mattypokes.webs.com : Black FC: 2322 5597 1384
i5 2500k ASRock E3/G3 Radeon HD7850 650W 8GB RAM 1TB HDD
#15Rideps1Posted 10/8/2012 7:57:46 PM(edited)
Even if we can't have our guild halls yet, give us scrims! I miss testing builds on friends... even if there isn't much to test hear. Maybe some alternate weapon skills, if not just changing that system entirely.

And I know it would probably have to wait until an expansion, let alone after the class is fixed, but a 2 handed weapon for my necro that isn't a staff would be nice. I'd kill for a polearm.

Edit: more elites sooner than later would be nice too. Racials aren't that great, and my necro being stuck with Plague underwater is horrible. Not as bad as how dumb the fleshie is though. He should at least TRY to avoid water.
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
#16RandomsnPosted 10/8/2012 8:05:25 PM
They have to do something about WvW matching of servers with different time zones. Some server takes everything while others sleep and then it's pretty hard to fight back. Perhaps doing something about the orbs of power bonus is a start. It's hard to fight back against a server with all 3 orbs.
#17Epic_Bear_GuyPosted 10/8/2012 8:41:26 PM
Address the homogenization of WvWvW and how it detracts from the competitiveness and rivalries of open world pvp. How boring and uninspiring the combat is and how the handheld build specs and spammish gameplay leads to a unrewarding, skilless game without depth. How theres lack of consequence due to a lack of resource and meaningful skill durations with long cooldowns. It waters down the game to a much larger extent.