The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

It's fun...but is missing that deeply tactical team engagment factor that hooks

#1CruxisInhibitorPosted 10/8/2012 7:33:52 PM
people for the long haul...the progression and customization isn't tangible enough to set players apart. The experience is fun, but i feel like it's missing that "it" factor that hooks people and makes them want to play all day long all the time. Some say that this game isn't designed for that purpose, but any good mmo that wants to sustain a player base should adhere to it to some degree. I think they need to untether weapons to those static 5 skills so that choices actually matter and you don't see every class running around with the same things, it makes what variety we do have into moot. We need more options in general and some skills should be more class-defining and integral rather than homogeneous and available to almost every profession. More elites that actually define a build would be great and it'd be cool if they brought elite skill capping back in some form. I think the traits should be overhauled into more tangible and focused build options. It's fun running dungeons for gear and all that, but the character building, combat, and team play leaves a lot to be desired. It's like a song without feeling right now, anyone else kinda feeling similarly?
---
http://mattypokes.webs.com : Black FC: 2322 5597 1384
i5 2500k ASRock E3/G3 Radeon HD7850 650W 8GB RAM 1TB HDD
#2lilj812Posted 10/8/2012 7:37:15 PM
Paragraphs are your friend. We tell you that all the time.

Didn't even read the post but I already disagree with your title so I know the rest is garbage.

You're a known troll and only other trolls like you, this this thread is already discredited and doesnt matter.

I think that addresses everything.
---
Lilj812: "What games have you made? Can I get a link to them?"
NCpwn:"Can't do that, you have to buy them."
#3HowiedodatPosted 10/8/2012 7:52:32 PM
lilj812 posted...

Didn't even read the post but I already disagree with your title so I know the rest is garbage.

You're a known troll and only other trolls like you, this this thread is already discredited and doesnt matter.

---
Toon.
#4RandomsnPosted 10/8/2012 8:01:44 PM
Come on guys, his post wasn't bad or anything. I'm not sure whether making weapon skills non-static is a good idea, Crux. The weapons are designed with certain playstyles and strengthes in mind. Right now, when you pick a weapon say like dagger for the necro, you give yourself an edge in melee, but lose ranged options instead. So you are forced to make choices tailored to what you want to excel at and what you are willing to sacrifice for it.

If the skills are non-static, people will just pick the best skills from each weapon and then you will see everyone running around with the same thing. Imagine for example if you replace necro's dagger 2 skill with axe's 2, suddenly the weapon gains a great more deal dps and is practically overpowered.
#5HydroCannabinolPosted 10/8/2012 8:22:30 PM
Howiedodat posted...
lilj812 posted...

---
PSN: Mind Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#6Rapscallion84Posted 10/9/2012 12:53:47 AM
I agreed slightly with the title and disagreed heavily with everything in the OP.
#7BrackiePosted 10/9/2012 1:01:02 AM
lilj812 posted...

#8darkace77450Posted 10/9/2012 1:57:30 AM
CruxisInhibitor posted...
It's like a song without feeling right now, anyone else kinda feeling similarly?

That's exactly how I feel. About. Every. Single. Post. You've. Ever. Made.
#9GaMeFr33kPosted 10/9/2012 2:50:50 AM
Like Tournaments? Non-stop communication, planning, & strategy from a good team.

Custom arenas & paid tournies coming real soon as well. Yet more communication and team strategy for PvP'ers. On the PvE front, dunno - hoping for the best after reading that they are listening and changing the game for us, hopefully some changes to PvE coming in the near future. They are fixing and patching every few days as well making dungeons more enjoyable.
---
Level 36: Ancient of TrollFAQ's
#10ZombieAkanePosted 10/9/2012 3:04:49 AM
Like specs in WoW?
---
i5 2500k@4ghz | MSI Radeon 6990 | 8GB DDR3 | Antec Dark Fleet DF-10 | Gigabyte Z68AP-D3