Why is it called Guardian? It's pretty much a Paladin

#1Aries489Posted 10/10/2012 7:33:13 PM
Topic
---
"Nostalgia blinds people from logic." - me
You're all just jealous of Justin Bieber.
#2LeVulcanPosted 10/10/2012 7:39:26 PM
A Paladin guards and protects. Guardian...guards and protects.

Why call it Paladin when you can just be more direct by saying "Guardian"?
---
I rock. And roll. All day long. Sweet Suzie!
#3urtvPosted 10/10/2012 8:07:06 PM
a watch dog does the same thing.might as well change the same to watch dog
#4Cookie BagPosted 10/10/2012 8:37:31 PM
urtv posted...
a watch dog does the same thing.might as well change the same to watch dog

Watch dogs don't go all blue flames on and start burning everyone in their path, though that would be cool...
---
People abusing the poll system with stupid polls is going out of control.
Please stop posting stupid polls.
#5Ubergrim3Posted 10/10/2012 8:41:00 PM
What's a paladin?
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx
#6HowiedodatPosted 10/10/2012 8:45:51 PM
Ubergrim3 posted...
What's a paladin?

A Guardian.
---
Toon.
#7Black_BoxxPosted 10/10/2012 8:49:14 PM
Ubergrim3 posted...
What's a paladin?

Egads... I just heard the sound of someone's blood vessels popping. What's that about?

On topic, paladins are a class that typically serves a deity. Since there really are no gods or anything that are active in GW2, there can be no paladins. Plus, some races don't even serve gods period. You can't have a race that purposely chooses not to serve gods play a class that requires serving a god. If there were class and race separation, then it would be possible, but GW decided to let all races play any available class.
#8DraginvryPosted 10/10/2012 9:01:45 PM
Totally not a paladin.
#9Ubergrim3Posted 10/10/2012 9:09:38 PM
Black_Boxx posted...
Ubergrim3 posted...
What's a paladin?

Egads... I just heard the sound of someone's blood vessels popping. What's that about?

On topic, paladins are a class that typically serves a deity. Since there really are no gods or anything that are active in GW2, there can be no paladins. Plus, some races don't even serve gods period. You can't have a race that purposely chooses not to serve gods play a class that requires serving a god. If there were class and race separation, then it would be possible, but GW decided to let all races play any available class.

Actually, they were sometimes known as the Twelve Peers. Now historically, they were the foremost members of Charlemagne's court, although many of their famous exploits are largely fictitious, representing Christian martial superiority over the Saracen hordes.

And THAT, my friend, is a paladin. *BLAM!*

How am I the only person on here who's seen that?
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx
#10Q_SenseiPosted 10/10/2012 9:17:50 PM
Ubergrim3 posted...
Black_Boxx posted...
Ubergrim3 posted...
What's a paladin?

Actually, they were sometimes known as the Twelve Peers. Now historically, they were the foremost members of Charlemagne's court, although many of their famous exploits are largely fictitious, representing Christian martial superiority over the Saracen hordes.

And THAT, my friend, is a paladin. *BLAM!*

How am I the only person on here who's seen that?

Nope.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gel15.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.