Is it me or Anet is not banning bots

#31clowningPosted 10/12/2012 11:07:20 PM
^ Yes, because people made real accounts with characters named mmmf, mmme, mmmr, and so on.... Seriously, dude, think first.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#32digitalwill2000Posted 10/12/2012 11:31:36 PM
Irvy_and_Selphy posted...
The tricky part is finding them! I feel lucky, I think I came accross only one bot-group during my entire playtime! :)

Supreme. Ultimate. Face. Palm.
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#33Amy_AwienPosted 10/13/2012 12:29:06 AM
You;v been searching them? I've seen two sync-groups and that's about all the botting activity I've noticed.

clowning posted...
^ Yes, because people made real accounts with characters named mmmf, mmme, mmmr, and so on.... Seriously, dude, think first.

For a character specifically made for farming, sure, why come up with a unique 'real' name.
#34KatzachanPosted 10/13/2012 12:59:13 AM
This game has no sub, they can't afford the staff to track them down. All they will do is make a stupid automated bot killer that won't work.

Enjoy your bot haven, same as Guild Wars 1.
#35Melon_MasterPosted 10/13/2012 1:00:59 AM

Agreed, besides when you report you get to see the accounts login name. Every account I've reported is pure gibberish.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#36DraginvryPosted 10/13/2012 3:37:16 AM
Katzachan posted...
This game has no sub, they can't afford the staff to track them down. All they will do is make a stupid automated bot killer that won't work.

It's like Diablo II all over again.