Is it better to pick 1 offensive attribute and 1 defensive or 2 of the same?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Is it better to pick 1 offensive attribute and 1 defensive or 2 of the same?
4 years ago#1
Ex: should i (Guardian) focus my equips on Power and Toughness or Power and Precision or Toughness and Vitality?
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
4 years ago#2
Good question, and I'd say it depends on your playing style. Personnally, I like to focus on the Offense, and rely more on dodging for defensive purpose, and it works, but I'm a Ranger: I usually fight with a bow and the bad guys often focus on my Fern Mastiff rather than me. A Guardian, who has no pets and is big on melee, you may need more Vitality/Toughness than a Ranger. But keep in mind you won't hit as hard as a Power/Precision build.

In short, figure out how much Offense/Defense ratio you want, and make your build around that ratio.
In story-telling, unless it is stated later on that a piece of information was actually false, every piece of given information is truthful.
4 years ago#3
With my guardian I went with power & toughness; and I split the 3rd stat between healing & vitality. Reason being that guardians will never benefit from vitality as much as a warrior would, and the healing helps with all the support they offer. But you still need at least some vitality or you'll only be able to take a few hits. Only problem with this is power / tough / vit gear can't be crafted, you have to either get it from dungeons, drops, or buy it.

Personally I wouldn't mess with pumping up precision because guardians aren't the best profession choice to play offensively, but if all your ever going to do is swing a sword I guess it'd be worth it. Precision doesn't make much difference unless you also boost crit damage % though.
4 years ago#4
With exception of my glass cannon Ranger, I've taken power for quicker kills and toughness for more defense (except Guardian, with which I took vitality because of the already high armor). As a strict PvEer, the power helps for quicker kills and the toughness keeps me on my feet.
4 years ago#5
I went power and precision with my thief...but he is not so easy to kill.
Such is your fate.
4 years ago#6
I play melee a lot so half my gear is power vit critdamage other half is power precison toughness works well
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Is it better to pick 1 offensive attribute and 1 defensive or 2 of the same?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived