Mesmer clones and staff = Mind blown

#1LeVulcanPosted 10/12/2012 1:43:04 PM
I hit level 22 and I just found out that Mesmer staff clones you can call out with utility skills (Decoy, Mirror Images) also inflict the condtions/buffs to the enemy.

My mind... has been BLOWN!

I always thought only Staff skills caused the clones to affect the enemy with conditions. My eyes have been opened to the power of the Mesmers.
---
I rock. And roll. All day long. Sweet Suzie!
#2zrh5033Posted 10/12/2012 1:48:29 PM
Yes it is an amazing thing. If you have the time check out the Mesmer guides onYouTube by Mr prometheus our something like that. Awesome awesome guides.
---
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas! <(^_^<)(>^_^)>
#3Dm3HksPosted 10/12/2012 1:52:56 PM
Indeed those vids helped me alot.
Just got to lvl41 :)
---
---
#4TruthAndJusticePosted 10/12/2012 2:19:35 PM
Dm3Hks posted...

So I mistook you for the Topic Creator, thought you levelled from 22 to 41 in ten minutes and thought, "Gawd Dayyum, dat vid must be good".
#5horheristoPosted 10/12/2012 2:25:49 PM
TruthAndJustice posted...
Dm3Hks posted...

So I mistook you for the Topic Creator, thought you levelled from 22 to 41 in ten minutes and thought, "Gawd Dayyum, dat vid must be good".

I second that.
#6Dm3HksPosted 10/13/2012 3:11:38 AM
Haha oops, sorry for that i typed on my phone in a rush.

What i ment was; yeah those vids helped me alot making a good build, im having a lvl41 mesmer and it's shaping up nice.
---
---
#7KirynTheClericPosted 10/13/2012 9:05:22 AM
Yep, non-weapon skill clones mimic your auto.

Sword clones all cause vulnerability, staff clones all cause conditions, trident clones for SOME reason cause confusion (even though the trident auto doesn't cause confusion anymore).

Seriously, I don't even bother with phantasms underwater anymore, three clones = so much confusion it's not even worth shattering them or summoning phantasms. If only confusion was as good on land as underwater... >_>
---
"And at what point did you decide to stay on the forums? I don't get that mentality but some people don't have better things to do." - Nofoundation.