The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

GW2 Halloween Festivities Announced!

#1kingofthekidsPosted 10/12/2012 2:28:52 PM
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/halloween-2012
#2LizardneckPosted 10/12/2012 2:40:55 PM
Never one to miss out on an opportunity, Evon Gnashblade has stocked all new items at the Black Lion Trading Company, including Halloween costumes and new transforms that will allow you to play Costume Brawl with fellow costumed players.

So, basically, they're putting yet another thing that was free in GW1--Costume Brawl--into the cash shop. Wow . . . Just . . . wow.
#3horheristoPosted 10/12/2012 2:47:52 PM
Lizardneck posted...
Never one to miss out on an opportunity, Evon Gnashblade has stocked all new items at the Black Lion Trading Company, including Halloween costumes and new transforms that will allow you to play Costume Brawl with fellow costumed players.

So, basically, they're putting yet another thing that was free in GW1--Costume Brawl--into the cash shop. Wow . . . Just . . . wow.

Or just use a few gold to purchase the items with gems.

However, I wonder if this will push the gems prices.
#4tehdudPosted 10/12/2012 2:53:15 PM
Wow gg anet gg.
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#5runboy81Posted 10/12/2012 2:58:11 PM
By the end of October. It'll literally be 1 gold for 1 gem.
#6LizardneckPosted 10/12/2012 3:03:34 PM
Or just use a few gold to purchase the items with gems.

However, I wonder if this will push the gems prices.

I wouldn't be surprised if it does. In any case, GW1 didn't charge at all--in-game money or real money--for Costume Brawl. GW2 is charging for it, unless there are other in-game means to get them. That's just sad. Even Nexon isn't this money hungry.
#7runboy81Posted 10/12/2012 3:10:06 PM
Lizardneck posted...
Even Nexon isn't this money hungry.

The store / marketing in this game is handled by an ex Nexon store manager. So technically, they are.
#8feeny88Posted 10/12/2012 3:10:15 PM
Something else for the lame trolls to complain about because they are too bad at the game to make enough money for ingame gold to gem transfer.
---
Funky Kong and Gir as Assist Trophies for SSBU
11-11-11 = Greatest day in video game history!!
#9LizardneckPosted 10/12/2012 3:18:39 PM
The store / marketing in this game is handled by an ex Nexon store manager. So technically, they are.

And in spite of that fact, Nexon still isn't that money hungry.

Something else for the lame trolls to complain about because they are too bad at the game to make enough money for ingame gold to gem transfer.

Seems you forgot about new players. And isn't this game supposed to be anti-grind? People have to grind to even do a format now?
#10Cool_new_namePosted 10/12/2012 3:19:04 PM
Maybe Costume Brawl is normally only available during Halloween, but you'll be able to buy costumes from cash shop to do it at anytime of the year.