The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Do they have any plans to nerf the dungeons?

#1synister666Posted 10/12/2012 5:46:49 PM
I hope so cause I'm sick of not being able to complete them half the time because people suck. It makes me not even want to do them and the repair bill just isnt worth it. I can run them with my guild but half the time I'm not on at the same time as them. I just wish the difficulty were toned down so they are more easily pugable.

Also I'm trying to farm TA explore because I need the dungeon set for my necro and I honestly hate this place especially the first boss fight. It's just downright annoying when with no warning a blossom just constantly pops up out of nowhere and poisons you. Not to mention having to constantly kill these things the whole way through the dungeon is just a huge annoyance. Lets not even talk about the part with the bees. At what part did the developers think this was fun? These dungeons are just not fun imo. It's like they're trying to cram as much of the most annoying frustrating things you hate about certain dungeons in other mmo's all into one. This makes me miss WoW even though I don't want to go back to it.
---
PSN: AstralSerpent
#2steker16Posted 10/12/2012 6:12:49 PM(edited)
nope, stop pugging and/or L2P. dungeons are the only remotely challenging thing in the game, no reason to change it
---
nomnomnom
#3LOLownageasdPosted 10/12/2012 6:17:16 PM
What? These dungeons are incredibly easy compared to the ones in WoW. Yeah, there are some parts that are just unfair because of poor design like CoF magg, but the majority of them are just stay out of red circles and kite. In WoW I've had people leave and groups fall apart, but in this I've NEVER failed to complete a dungeon other than Arah and that was only because of it's length rather than difficulty.
---
"donot anger me. you have not yet begun to experiance the worst of my rage" -me
#4AegisDawnPosted 10/12/2012 6:21:22 PM
LOLownageasd posted...
What? These dungeons are incredibly easy compared to the ones in WoW. Yeah, there are some parts that are just unfair because of poor design like CoF magg, but the majority of them are just stay out of red circles and kite. In WoW I've had people leave and groups fall apart, but in this I've NEVER failed to complete a dungeon other than Arah and that was only because of it's length rather than difficulty.

I certainly wouldn't say they are easy, because dungeons are pretty hard to get through if you have a a few idiots in your party. Regardless, this doesn't call for a nerf. People just need to learn how to run dungeons better. I can get through with relative ease, but if my group is terrible, then my experience in the dungeon will be as well.
#5DraginvryPosted 10/12/2012 6:26:08 PM
Join a guild. Stop pugging.
#6tehdudPosted 10/12/2012 6:58:24 PM
They need to get a clue and differentiate between a real challenge and cheap ass game design.

Cheap ai is easy way out. Takes talent and effort to tweak the ai so it provides a legitimate challenge.

Any idiot can just up the enemy health/damage/numbers.
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#7CruxisInhibitorPosted 10/12/2012 7:10:34 PM(edited)
If they take out the last bit of content that has even a slight learning curve and gated access...if they dumb down the group content even further, i think ill just lose it. There's no way i'll be playing, along with many others, if they nerf the dungeon difficulty. Better yet, re-design the skills and combat while including a healer class, then the baddies can sit and wait for a healer if they're that bad at the easiest, most shallow combat system in an MMO ever designed.

Also, it's not hard to be a competent player. When you do a dungeon with a bad group and then a good group afterwards, it's like night and day. No one ever dies and it's ridiculously easy. People like this are the ones that made ArenaNet gut the trinity for the benefit of whiners who want expedience and no challenge. There has to be some competition or learning curve in an MMO otherwise you might as well play a single player console RPG. Geat real here, you just need to see how good teams can carry you in dungeons, then you'll be complaining about how shallow the classes and combat are rather than stupid stuff.
---
http://mattypokes.webs.com : Black FC: 2322 5597 1384
i5 2500k ASRock E3/G3 Radeon HD7850 650W 8GB RAM 1TB HDD
#8AslinaPosted 10/12/2012 7:42:03 PM
I used to be in the camp of "the dungeons are slightly too hard".

But, when I stopped treating them like dungeons, and more like 5 man raids, I found them to be just the right amount of difficult. Plus having a static group with 4 other guild members that I enjoy playing with helped a lot.

However, I still have one pet peeve, but it's not something that really effects me now.

There are certain parts of certain dungeons that require a more efficient way of communicating with your party members other than party chat.

CoF Path 3 comes to mind - where you have to ignite all the torches within like 3 seconds of each other. This requires a lot of coordination that only something like Ventrilo, Mumble, or other voice chat software can provide.

Again, if you treat the dungeons like raids, you'll want to be on voice chat anyway, but a lot of people don't look at them like that yet.
---
Aslina, Fairy, PLD60/WAR30, MNK15,NIN15, WHM10, THF10.
#9NikkyPosted 10/12/2012 7:51:23 PM
Please I hope not. The difficulty is just about right -- not hard, but not an easy zergfest. You just need a group to communicate better to rotate your group heals, stuns, blind, conditions removal, etc. Timing is necessary since no one class truly excels at just one thing.
---
Where's the reset button?
#10GoatJugSoupPosted 10/12/2012 8:41:26 PM
we had our first run through a dungeon last week doing ascalon catacombs with only 3 people. We managed to get right up to the part where there were 2 bosses and that was a real struggle. We tried again with 2 more people and having had that experience with only the 3 of us the second time through was so much easier. Dungeons definitely do not need a nerf and I would be disappointed if they did that.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken