Spend or save my Karma?

#1IcewitchPosted 10/12/2012 6:57:33 PM
Should I spend Karma on stuff I want, or should I just hoard it all until level 80?

Is it a precious resource at that point, or something that's not that big of a deal to get some more?
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Coming March 2013 to Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U
#2steker16Posted 10/12/2012 7:10:55 PM(edited)
its better to just hold onto it because theres not a single thing you could buy pre 80 with karma thats worth it(excluding cooking materials, which are dirt cheap anyway). and once you're 80 you're either going to be saving up ~1m karma for a legendary weapon, or you'll be saving up to buy karma gear at 42k per piece
---
nomnomnom
#3clowningPosted 10/12/2012 7:36:49 PM
This is really a personal thing. This is my take on it.

Once you get the stats you want on your armor, all that matters is aesthetics. Personally, I find about 80% of the armor in this game to be either amazingly stupid looking, or amazingly ugly, or both. I hate all the dungeon armors, almost every piece of cultural armor and order armor, most of the crafted stuff is ugly or bland...well, you get the idea.

What I'm saying is this: find the look you want, and get the stats you want as cheaply as you can get them. The look you like the most might be some cheap low level karma armor from kessex hills or something similar.

Karma is not that hard to come by, so while I would not recommend spending every bit of it, spending here and there should not be an issue. Just be judicious about what you buy, and try to make longer term investments with it.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#4juggular_punchPosted 10/12/2012 7:46:43 PM
Id save it most of the time. The only time i spent karma before 80 was on my accesories. Other than that i just saved for karma armor. Karma may not be hard to come by, but farming events can get old fast
---
Steam: novax45
#5havok718Posted 10/13/2012 8:40:01 AM(edited)
Spend it (assuming you have stuff to spend it on). You'll be earning karma way faster at 80. Unless you're doing DEs like crazy the entire way to 80, everything you saved up can be earned in a day with a good rotation in Cursed Shore.
#6SecureGamerPosted 10/13/2012 10:36:39 AM
Save it, Karma armor sucks.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#7KraidePosted 10/13/2012 1:40:11 PM
I'd spend it. There's nothing super important to spend it on early, and nothing super important to spend it on late. What you can find with karma at a low level may occasionally be an upgrade for you, but at end-game it will never be an upgrade for you, just a visual difference. And while, yes, you may want to purchase that karma armor or legendary weapon, those won't be any better stats than what you already have access to whereas you'll likely get more functionality out of it when you are leveling.
---
"I am allowed double standards. You are not"
-my ex
#8JtrunksPosted 10/13/2012 2:22:31 PM
I'd spend it. There's nothing super important to spend it on early, and nothing super important to spend it on late. What you can find with karma at a low level may occasionally be an upgrade for you, but at end-game it will never be an upgrade for you, just a visual difference. And while, yes, you may want to purchase that karma armor or legendary weapon, those won't be any better stats than what you already have access to whereas you'll likely get more functionality out of it when you are leveling.

This, and when lv cap is raised (if it is) you just wasted ALL DAT KARMA on a weapon that will be outclassed by lv 90 greens.
---
Part of the Official Gamefaqs Troll Rating Association. (OGTR) *picks up pen and paper*
#9HaxnStashPosted 10/13/2012 2:51:22 PM
I'd say start spending Karma on your 50s. For me, IMO, the really good looking karma armors start to appear at 50. That's based on opinion of course. My Asura guardian started looking like a guardian with the 50 and up karma armors.

Also, i now spend Karma on gear that gives me the stat I want, and it's better to spend your karma on up to date armor while leveling so you level faster and easier.
#10AerzelPosted 10/13/2012 3:57:11 PM
Well, I've been spending it. After hoarding about 30k karma on my way to level 80, upon dinging, i realized I could buy all of my exotic gear through the auction house, so I've been spending karma on other items until I have enough gold for all the exotics I still need. I had a lvl 11 acessory all the way up to lvl 80 lol.
---
If you're reading this, then I just made you lose a few seconds of your life, which you'll never get back. Enjoy your day.