Quick inquiry on regeneration...

#1CarbonightsPosted 10/12/2012 8:18:49 PM
What does the number next to the regen in skill descriptions actually mean?

For example, my regen from Healing Spring says something to the effect of 2,500 heal next to it. Of course your first reaction would be to think, "Well, that's how much it heals over the duration."

However, I've found this isn't even close to true. The duration of the regen is 3 seconds, and in three seconds I heal no more than 900 health. So, what does the number actually represent?
#2tehdudPosted 10/12/2012 8:35:39 PM
Healing: 4,920
Regeneration: 3 s (2340 health)
Radius: 240
Duration: 15 s
Combo Field: Water

heres the stats, cant help you with actual question though. no clue.
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#3Super EspioPosted 10/12/2012 9:51:18 PM
I can't quite remember, but I think it actually heals you immediately for that much (2500), and then you get additional regen after that, which would be the 900, for a total of 3400.
---
Welcome to GameFAQS, where sharing an opinion is a declaration of war.
Resurrect the saint from within the wretch.
#4Black_BoxxPosted 10/12/2012 10:23:18 PM
Keep in mind that Healing Spring lingers for that 15 seconds. If an ally were to stand in it for the full duration, they would get the 2K regen healing it talks about. Otherwise, they get a minor regen buff for simply passing through.
#5Carbonights(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 12:54:16 PM
So you think the large number should be the heal for the entire duration of regen if they stood in the spring for that long?

That seems a little misleading since the regen buff listed has a listed duration of 3 seconds.

And then it stacks duration, so what does that translate too in terms of healing?
#6runboy81Posted 10/13/2012 1:23:00 PM
They work like traps.
Healing: This is instantly once it is casted.

Regen (3 sec): You get the regen boon on you for 3 seconds healing the amount mentioned. You get the boon again once it's over if the "trap" is still active.

Duration: The duration the "trap" remains in play. Based of the skill in the 2nd post (5 seconds), then you would be able to get the boon regen on you by standing in its radius twice.