So you have to pay for the Halloween event?

#21silveryounglinkPosted 10/23/2012 10:22:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22Duke DarkwoodPosted 10/23/2012 10:53:12 AM
Clarification:

You DO NOT have to pay for the Halloween event. The achievements (except Costume Brawl, since it requires costumes) and quests can all be done without you spending a single Gem. And the horns - presumably the "festival mask" equivalent for this event - are free in the store.

The extra cosmetics and the minis? Those cost gems. Oh, and I think there are special tonics, too. (The tonics really should be in-game, though, if you ask me.)

Aside from the tonics, I also think there should be a way to get the costume brawl done without gem expenditure - erhaps have some sort of "basic" costume you can get through in-game means. Because Costume Brawl was free in GW1, and because the attachment of an achievement should exempt it from mandated costs.

But aside from that complaint, I think they're handling it fine. The EVENT is free (except for Costume Brawling *sad*).
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#23Visani_ChantePosted 10/23/2012 12:18:36 PM
Duke Darkwood posted...
Clarification:

You DO NOT have to pay for the Halloween event. The achievements (except Costume Brawl, since it requires costumes) and quests can all be done without you spending a single Gem. And the horns - presumably the "festival mask" equivalent for this event - are free in the store.

The extra cosmetics and the minis? Those cost gems. Oh, and I think there are special tonics, too. (The tonics really should be in-game, though, if you ask me.)

Aside from the tonics, I also think there should be a way to get the costume brawl done without gem expenditure - erhaps have some sort of "basic" costume you can get through in-game means. Because Costume Brawl was free in GW1, and because the attachment of an achievement should exempt it from mandated costs.

But aside from that complaint, I think they're handling it fine. The EVENT is free (except for Costume Brawling *sad*).

Jump into the giant Cauldron in Lions Arch - free costume for costume brawl.
Use Cauldron from anyone elses witch costume - free costume for costume brawl.

You can participate in the costume brawl for free.
#24JebSkatr2Posted 10/23/2012 12:23:38 PM
^^^ thank you for posting this, wasn't aware.
#25tehdudPosted 10/23/2012 12:24:46 PM
Those costumes are ass

Its a massive handicap against you
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#26silentfox4Posted 10/23/2012 12:25:38 PM
Visani_Chante posted...
Duke Darkwood posted...
Clarification:

Jump into the giant Cauldron in Lions Arch - free costume for costume brawl.
Use Cauldron from anyone elses witch costume - free costume for costume brawl.

You can participate in the costume brawl for free.

Don't forget that you can also wear a costume from the banquet tables that some people put out.
#27tehdudPosted 10/23/2012 12:57:10 PM
All i get from table is "food fight"

You van also ise mysterious tonics from black lion chests
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#28arik87Posted 10/23/2012 1:21:04 PM
I remember when I simply went to the store and they handed me christmas gifts for my family...oh wait...as long as I can remember holidays are nothing but capitalist jargon.
---
This message brought to you by Webster's Dictionary. Fighting Ebonics since 1994.
#29LordEphraimPosted 10/23/2012 2:03:41 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
CenaxKikia posted...
Every MMO sells their holiday events in their cash shop.. even WoW does in their cash shop.

Yeah, I just got the halloween mount this year out of a bag for queuing for a dungeon, along with some rings and stuff, all free.

No, you got it for 180 dollars. You're paying for Halloween stuff all year-round.
---
Nobody is perfect.
-Hi, I am Nobody.
#30AkazoraPosted 10/23/2012 2:42:31 PM
cheezedadada posted...
Nofoundation posted...
Charging money for holidays seems like a bad joke

You have ANY idea how a company functions? They dont have a monthly fee and they need to make money to keep updating.

This thread is ridiculous...argh, I gotta back out.

Remember when they charged for holiday events in GW1?