Server population dilemma

#1lilj812Posted 11/2/2012 12:08:39 PM
So, a lot of people on this forum claim that server population doesn't actually show population on the server, but the number of characters stored in that server (or number of accounts, same thing).

Other more sensible people assume that server population is.... Server population.

So gamefaqs, which is it?
---
NCPwn: Many of you don't know, but I've been battling a weight problem....
#2TheBlueDeathPosted 11/2/2012 1:00:32 PM
lilj812 posted...
So, a lot of people on this forum claim that server population doesn't actually show population on the server, but the number of characters stored in that server (or number of accounts, same thing).

Other more sensible people assume that server population is.... Server population.

The amount of people playing at that given time IE the server population

How about you find the real answer instead of asking here?

I like that you love the game, but you seem to be getting bad at making absolutely pointless topics.
#3lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 1:05:33 PM
TheBlueDeath posted...
lilj812 posted...

The amount of people playing at that given time IE the server population

How about you find the real answer instead of asking here?

I like that you love the game, but you seem to be getting bad at making absolutely pointless topics.

Pfft, this whole forum is pointless. It's a video game forum.

Anyways. I actually agree with you. Common sense says that server population is the amount of people playing at that given time.

I always thought that went without saying, but there are people on this board that are convinced that server population means accounts on the server or something to that effect.

Now, you ask me to find the real answer... and honestly I have no idea how. I'd have to find ArenaNets posting about server population specifically, and if that exists.. can you point me in that direction???
---
#4luinksPosted 11/2/2012 1:09:44 PM
well most servers go down on non peak hours, iirc
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/w7mqs9.png
http://i44.tinypic.com/f2owhk.gif
#5QuaguamanPosted 11/2/2012 1:10:29 PM
people just say this game is dying cause they either don't like it (which is fine) or because they want it to fail (not sure why you would want that, ask one of the trolls).

Last I checked server pop meant server pop, which in this game is nothing but full and high (NA servers) when I checked last night
---
Fluttershy is best pony
#6TheBlueDeathPosted 11/2/2012 1:12:33 PM
We both stated the real answer and you claimed it was common sense.

Now you're going to ask me to show you were on the internet this is written directly by Arenanet?

Arenanet isn't going to take a common term like population and use it to trick people.

It is common sense and only trolls/idiots think that the server population is the amount of accounts tied to that server, that'd be asinine. I just want you to stop making topics like this, it just stirrs them up.

I'm on your side here, I like the game, don't start **** with me. Just don't start **** period please.

The game is alive and well, not to mention we have thanksgiving coming up.

We don't need reassurance topics. We both know you clearly know the answer to this question. Don't tease the trolls and start anything, I like this board being dull. We might actually get some decent discussion going.
#7tehdudPosted 11/2/2012 1:19:30 PM
I agree. The guy needs to stop making stupid topics.
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#8lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 1:39:08 PM
tehdud posted...
I agree. The guy needs to stop making stupid topics.

It's alright if people forget/don't know who I am and what I do on this forum.

But you, Tehdud. You are one of those that claim that server population is actually based on accounts/characters on the server. I'm curious as to why you think that way?
---
#9dejavu1982Posted 11/2/2012 2:21:19 PM
I originally thought this too, server population means.......well server population. BUT the other night my server Anvil rock said pop. high........but there was hardly anybody in LA......and hardly anybody in orr........and 90% of the zones i visited......were dead........so where else could anybody be?
#10TheBlueDeathPosted 11/2/2012 2:22:57 PM
dejavu1982 posted...
I originally thought this too, server population means.......well server population. BUT the other night my server Anvil rock said pop. high........but there was hardly anybody in LA......and hardly anybody in orr........and 90% of the zones i visited......were dead........so where else could anybody be?

If the other night was during halloween, you do the math.