why is guild wars 2 adding the gear treadmill?

#1EternalFlame66Posted 11/12/2012 9:51:15 AM
I don't even have full rares/exotics yet...and now they want to add ascended?

WTF.

Looking forward to grinding hours a day for maximum stats. Not.
---
Such is your fate.
#2MechangmenowPosted 11/12/2012 10:00:09 AM
Let's be very clear here: you do NOT have to grind. Wait, what did I say? I am not saying that you don't have to grind for an item to acquire it... I'm saying nobody is forcing you to play this game. To spend time grinding. Just because you want something doesn't mean you should get it... if you are so against the gear treadmill, then don't do it and forgo the armors.

Now, to answer your question... perhaps they are including these "ascended" armors because of the pros of the gear treadmill. Simply put, it'll have people (perhaps like you) putting in more time to get them. While GW2 people love to say how GW's lack of gear treadmill means your energy and time spent is purely aesthetic, others argue that you should have something more than just a skin to show for it.
---
Culinary Institute of Tyria: www.citchef.com
Youtube: Mechangmenows
#3george43Posted 11/12/2012 10:01:15 AM
Exotic armor shouldn't be the end all be all.

It makes sense they are adding a new tier of armor as this will open the door for legendary armor as well for crafters.
#4Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/12/2012 10:03:38 AM
george43 posted...

It makes sense they are adding a new tier of armor as this will open the door for legendary armor as well for crafters.

Weren't you here a few months ago praising GW2 for not having a treadmill for gear, now you're applauding it, typical drone.

If others say it's a good thing, you disagree, but if ArenaNet does it, no matter what your opinion. You'll agree.

*Claps*
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#5juzziebPosted 11/12/2012 10:06:55 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
george43 posted...

Weren't you here a few months ago praising GW2 for not having a treadmill for gear, now you're applauding it, typical drone.

If others say it's a good thing, you disagree, but if ArenaNet does it, no matter what your opinion. You'll agree.

*Claps*

Bout time you realized you were playing a crappy game.
#6george43Posted 11/12/2012 10:11:17 AM(edited)
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
george43 posted...

*Claps*

Exotics are considered "regular" armor.

The new stuff coming out is special armor and more akin to the original guild wars.

It makes little to no sense to not have an extra tier of armor that is incredibly unique and earned more than just blitzing dungeons. Just like legendary weapons.
#7Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/12/2012 10:10:29 AM
george43 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
george43 posted...

*Claps*

The new stuff coming out is special armor and more akin to the original guild wars.

It's a new tier, and what is that called?

Treadmill.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#8george43Posted 11/12/2012 10:12:15 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
george43 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
george43 posted...

*Claps*

Treadmill.

It's going to be only slightly better than exotics just like legendaries are slightly better than exotics.
#9juzziebPosted 11/12/2012 10:13:06 AM
george43 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
george43 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
george43 posted...

*Claps*

Treadmill.

It's going to be only slightly better than exotics just like legendaries are slightly better than exotics.

Treadmill.
#10juzziebPosted 11/12/2012 10:15:14 AM
BTW I remember how much hate AOC got for having gear stats not scale enough. But GW2 gets praised for it haha. The game pretty much appeals to people who don't want to put much effort into the game but keep up. Not saying that's a bad thing though.... the bad part of the game is the simplistic combat system.