why is guild wars 2 adding the gear treadmill?

#61LaManoNeraIIPosted 11/12/2012 6:37:11 PM
WoW has gear grind: "LOL sooo outdated, GW 2 is the future and all about the journey!"

GW 2 gets gear grind: "IT'S COMPLETELY OPTIONAL!!!!!"
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#62Edavy89Posted 11/12/2012 7:10:15 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Edavy89 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Edavy89 posted...
Hey xeeh, can we trade lives? I wish I had so much free time that i could spend all day flaming the message boards of a game I don't even like. Instead i'm stuck having a productive life. :-(

'eh, get a job where you can internetz instead of a manual labor job with no access to a PC.

Eh, I'll stick to owning my own highly profitable business, working for other people doesn't work for me. besides, why the hell would I want to sit on my butt in an office all day? that seems incredibly redundant and boring. I much prefer being a mason.

That's what I do, I sit home most of the time or sometimes go in if I feel like it but during the fall/winter my business is rather slow so I'm not really needed to be there. I was actually making that remark to you, not what I do, we know you're full of it if you say you own your own highly profitable business, if you did; You would have a lot of free time because other people would do the work for you, which is why I have so much time.

Which gives me more quality time to drop in the forums to say hello. ;)

No, that's what lazy business owners do. Masonry relies 100% on reputation, which means i'm out there every day making sure the work my employees do is flawless, and to lead by example. Personally I find it hard to believe anyone with the drive to start their own business would waste their time on a message board for a game they don't like, predominately trolling.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#63feeny88Posted 11/12/2012 7:22:31 PM
I love how Xeeh is complaining about adding a new tier of gear to the game and calling it a treadmill when his precious pandaland.....wait for it.............

DOES THE SAME THING ONLY WORSE!
Seriously WoW adds a new tier of gear like every patch and if you don't get it you will suck. At least this game people with rare/exotic armor will still be able to hold their own against the new armor.
---
Funky Kong and Gir as Assist Trophies for SSBU
11-11-11 = Greatest day in video game history!!
#64darkrain108Posted 11/12/2012 7:25:45 PM
Edavy89 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Edavy89 posted...
Hey xeeh, can we trade lives? I wish I had so much free time that i could spend all day flaming the message boards of a game I don't even like. Instead i'm stuck having a productive life. :-(

'eh, get a job where you can internetz instead of a manual labor job with no access to a PC.

Eh, I'll stick to owning my own highly profitable business, working for other people doesn't work for me. besides, why the hell would I want to sit on my butt in an office all day? that seems incredibly redundant and boring. I much prefer being a mason.

Might not want to sound so condescending when you say that. Or is it you hate working out in the cold while the people in the office stare at you from their chair?

Oh, and there is no why Xeeh owns any sort of business. Unless it's main service is unemployment.
---
i5-2500k@4.2ghz/8GB Ripjaws PC3 10666/XFX Radeon 5850 1GB/Westinghouse 24"LCD/WD Blue 500GB/WD Blue 640GB/Creative Fatality Pro/G15 Keyboard/CM Storm Mouse
#65MSN 04 SazabiPosted 11/12/2012 9:22:59 PM
feeny88 posted...
I love how Xeeh is complaining about adding a new tier of gear to the game and calling it a treadmill when his precious pandaland.....wait for it.............

DOES THE SAME THING ONLY WORSE!
Seriously WoW adds a new tier of gear like every patch and if you don't get it you will suck. At least this game people with rare/exotic armor will still be able to hold their own against the new armor.

uh

its because the fanboys have constantly said that's a bad thing about wow

not because he doesnt like it
---
I'll defend my family with my orange umbrella
#66ReikkenPosted 11/12/2012 9:41:16 PM(edited)
Ness0123456789 posted...
See what I posted.

It's going to affect WvW no more than the upscaling of lower levels to 80 has.

If WvW was level 80 only, than you'd have a point. But so long as they continue to allow lower levels into the maps without up-scaling their stats to balance them like in Structured PvP, it's going to make no difference what so ever in the already broken balance of the game mode.

That's exactly why you have Structured PvP anyways. WvW is just a glorified PvE meets forced PvP.

er...what? lower levels are upscaled. I can go in as a lv 40 and have 2600 power and 2100 vit or somesuch (and I did, though it was at lv 50. killed plenty of people 1v1, though I didn't bother to check to see if they were 80s.) But more importantly, one source of imbalance doesn't make other sources of imbalance nonissues. And even more importantly, they're fundamentally different. As a low level, you're a low level. You know you're not at top power; everyone else knows you're a low level too. But with THIS, you go in with top gear, but then your opponent has better-than-top gear because he can put in 80 hours a week, so you lose despite playing better.

Also, sPvP and WvW are very different. They aren't substitutes for each other. And... by your use of the meaningless words "glorifed" and "forced", which are invariably used to indicate distaste, you're implying that there's something wrong with WvW being PvP+PvE, but whatever it is, it isn't obvious to me.
---
Capitalism, ho!
#67TimePharaohPosted 11/13/2012 1:55:05 AM
LaManoNeraII posted...
WoW has gear grind: "LOL sooo outdated, GW 2 is the future and all about the journey!"

GW 2 gets gear grind: "IT'S COMPLETELY OPTIONAL!!!!!"

Pretty much, silly fanboys.

"lol gear grind doesn't add anything, it's stupid who wants it go play with your pandas"

*gets added"

"well since when is a new optional thing a bad thing? it's awesome, it adds more depth to the game if you want"

Sigh.
---
Sorry everyone, just got home from work and saw my son was posting on my account. So just ignore this topic. Megatron1111
#68Duke DarkwoodPosted 11/13/2012 2:05:24 AM
The KEY word is "optional". As long as it is not required beyond the area's it's designed FOR, that's fine.

The second thing - one which remains to be seen - is a matter of accessibility. If it is hard enough that it will exclude large quantities of players from getting it, it would effectively be excluding them FROM the new content. If it is something that anyone can do, with only a modest increase in effort over exotic gear, that is acceptable.

Having read the new article, I'm... unsure right now. Hopeful, but too aware of the ways it could go wrong.

It's too early to tell. Something that seems to be going over most forumers' heads (both those for and against it). Too many people are quick to judge something that isn't even in the game yet.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#69Edavy89Posted 11/13/2012 8:52:30 AM
darkrain108 posted...
Edavy89 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Edavy89 posted...

Might not want to sound so condescending when you say that. Or is it you hate working out in the cold while the people in the office stare at you from their chair?

Oh, and there is no why Xeeh owns any sort of business. Unless it's main service is unemployment.

I only try to be condescending with xeeh. And yes, actually, winter does indeed suck. I mostly do residential work though, So i'm usually envious of people in their homes sitting next to their fireplace. But when you love your job, the down parts aren't nearly so bad.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#70IndigoIcePosted 11/13/2012 10:15:24 AM
The game still live to it's philosophy and promises.

You are ABLE to experience ALL fun content without grinding for gears.

APPRECIATE this fact!

Gw2 is the only mmo that allows everyone to experience all raids, all pve maps, beat lv80 exotic as a lv1 and clear story even if you're wearing common tier armors.

If you are in traditional mmo, you could only experience 25% of the content unless you grind.

If you are in traditional mmo, you won't even able to experience the story because you lack gears.

Therefore, appreciate that 100% content was already accessible to you without any grind here.

Grind are for dedicated players and they should be rewarded properly.

The max and top stats are not even a content that's required, but a bonus reward.

Reward for dedicated players, not for you.

You already have your reward is to be able to experience every corner of GW2.

It's time to give those dedicated players rewards, don't be selfish.