why is guild wars 2 adding the gear treadmill?

#71havok718Posted 11/13/2012 9:17:16 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
george43 posted...
Exotic armor shouldn't be the end all be all.

It makes sense they are adding a new tier of armor as this will open the door for legendary armor as well for crafters.

Weren't you here a few months ago praising GW2 for not having a treadmill for gear, now you're applauding it, typical drone.

If others say it's a good thing, you disagree, but if ArenaNet does it, no matter what your opinion. You'll agree.

*Claps*

Exotics are considered "regular" armor.

The new stuff coming out is special armor and more akin to the original guild wars.

It makes little to no sense to not have an extra tier of armor that is incredibly unique and earned more than just blitzing dungeons. Just like legendary weapons.

Back peddle harder.
#72_Anticlimactic_Posted 11/13/2012 9:33:31 AM
hey when a games making as little money as gw2 they feel like they have no other choice but go to the "norm." i mean self heals from the 80's and tab targeting from the 90's didnt satisfy anyone so why not try bringing the development to this century. and who knows when this fails, maybe then they will get innovative and do action combat.
#73LaManoNeraIIPosted 11/13/2012 9:49:29 AM
IndigoIce posted...
The game still live to it's philosophy and promises.

You are ABLE to experience ALL fun content without grinding for gears.

APPRECIATE this fact!

Gw2 is the only mmo that allows everyone to experience all raids, all pve maps, beat lv80 exotic as a lv1 and clear story even if you're wearing common tier armors.

This is so sad : (

It's like telling a kid Santa Clause isn't real...but, the new tier of gear is an artificial content gate with a specific stat you need to participate in the new dungeon and probably new dungeons added after that. It doesn't matter how good at dodging you are or any of that, if you don't have that stat, you can't do the dungeon.

GW 2 just took a step back in MMO design by like 5 years. No MMO does artificial gear gating anymore because players absolutely hate it.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#74IndigoIcePosted 11/13/2012 10:11:01 AM
LaManoNeraII posted...
GW 2 just took a step back in MMO design by like 5 years. No MMO does artificial gear gating anymore because players absolutely hate it.

Then, don't grind for the ascended gear if you hate progression.

It's like they give you a lolipop but you hate it. You don't have to eat it.

It's not a requirement to get those gears asap.

GW2 promotes people to attend dungeons and I heard the upcoming one is random per round.

If you play 1 hour per day focusing on random stuffs, you will eventually get that item.

There must be progression or people stop playing and decided to login only when there's event like halloween.
#75mrplanktomPosted 11/13/2012 10:14:21 AM
LaManoNeraII posted...
No MMO does artificial gear gating anymore because players absolutely hate it.

pandaland does and blizz drones claim that pile is awesome!
---
There's no group of people more delusional than D3 fanboys. Including scientologists.
#76Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/13/2012 10:20:49 AM
Edavy89 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Edavy89 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Edavy89 posted...
Hey xeeh, can we trade lives? I wish I had so much free time that i could spend all day flaming the message boards of a game I don't even like. Instead i'm stuck having a productive life. :-(

'eh, get a job where you can internetz instead of a manual labor job with no access to a PC.

Eh, I'll stick to owning my own highly profitable business, working for other people doesn't work for me. besides, why the hell would I want to sit on my butt in an office all day? that seems incredibly redundant and boring. I much prefer being a mason.

That's what I do, I sit home most of the time or sometimes go in if I feel like it but during the fall/winter my business is rather slow so I'm not really needed to be there. I was actually making that remark to you, not what I do, we know you're full of it if you say you own your own highly profitable business, if you did; You would have a lot of free time because other people would do the work for you, which is why I have so much time.

Which gives me more quality time to drop in the forums to say hello. ;)

No, that's what lazy business owners do. Masonry relies 100% on reputation, which means i'm out there every day making sure the work my employees do is flawless, and to lead by example. Personally I find it hard to believe anyone with the drive to start their own business would waste their time on a message board for a game they don't like, predominately trolling.

I've not started a business, It's been going for a few years now, and where have I trolled? I state opinions, people get butthurt by the fact and call me a troll. It's not my fault people are sensitive about information on a forum.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#77LaManoNeraIIPosted 11/13/2012 10:29:31 AM
mrplanktom posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...

No it doesn't.

GearScore was removed years ago.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#78Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/13/2012 10:46:01 AM
LaManoNeraII posted...
mrplanktom posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...

No it doesn't.

GearScore was removed years ago.

No point in responding, it's obvious that person is a child.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#79Damien94Posted 11/13/2012 10:49:47 AM
It always had the gear treadmill. You were just too hyped/blinded by Anet's propaganda to realize it. Now that it's in your face, you finally see it.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#80IndigoIcePosted 11/13/2012 10:53:38 AM
Damien94 posted...
It always had the gear treadmill. You were just too hyped/blinded by Anet's propaganda to realize it. Now that it's in your face, you finally see it.

Agreed.

Players have to grind for better looking armors. It's still a grind.

It makes players don't want to touch the game anymore because it's just for looks.

Now there'll be reasons to play and solid goals for players to achieve.