Full article on Ascended loot is now up

#11ReikkenPosted 11/12/2012 10:37:11 PM(edited)
This actually sounds possibly good
If this is done well, it'll make PvE without this special gear actually difficult instead of just an exercise in seeing how fast you can kill
---
Capitalism, ho!
#12random_noobiePosted 11/12/2012 10:38:06 PM
Chunhwa posted...
Not as bad as I thought. The new gear basically only helps in the new content. Outside of it, exotics are just as good. The whole infusion thing is only for agony resistance, which won't be anywhere but the new dungeons.

someone gets it.

ascended gear (from what they've revealed) is in no way a gear treadmill.

people don't realize that the ascended armor can ONLY be slotted with infusions that will only have an effect in one dungeon.

the only part of the update that might be an upgrade is the new back slot item and accessories. the rest? a side-grade, simply because you can't put runes into the armor.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays
#13Icewitch(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 10:44:17 PM
random_noobie posted...
people don't realize that the ascended armor can ONLY be slotted with infusions that will only have an effect in one dungeon.

Yeah because Agony Resistance will never be required in any future content for sure...
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Coming March 2013 to Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U
#14BrackiePosted 11/12/2012 10:45:59 PM
Icewitch posted...
random_noobie posted...

Yeah because Agony Resistance will never be required in any future content for sure...

Did you ever play GW1?? You only ever needed to be infused against the Mursatt...they were near end game level enemies and never made an appearance again in any of the 3 expansions...
#15DefiladePosted 11/12/2012 10:46:13 PM
The only good thing is they are staggering the gear in month by month, but aside from that I don't know. If they handle it correctly and it isn't a horrible grind, I guess I can live with it. However, having a baked in PvE stat that is needed to clear content is beyond archaic. This is the very definition of both gating and gear treadmill.

In the end this seems to resemble WoW and other failed MMOs too much. Fresh 80s will have to grind out for full sets of exotic gear and then eventually start grinding out each individual dungeon for ascended gear and infusion upgrades. What is worse is that WvW players are forced into PvE content to stay competitive.

I guess we will have to just wait and see. Perhaps everyone is overreacting, but at the same time anet did a complete 180 and anyone denying that is just a blind fanboy.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.5 / Asrock z68 pro3 / GTX 570 TF III PE / G Skill 8gb 1600 / Antec HCG 620w / HAF 922
#16rest21Posted 11/12/2012 10:49:30 PM
5 more power.. Big deal.
#17havok718Posted 11/12/2012 11:07:58 PM(edited)
Other game does it: Trash, horrible, ruined the game, glad my game doesnt have it.

My game does it: Guys it could be amazing!

Yeah you'll only need it in one dungeon... the ONLY dungeon that will matter after its introduced. Who the hell is going to waste time in normal dungeons after this? And you can bet your ass it will be in every dungeon from here on out, so you pretty much need it now.

Infusion is just a straight up gear check. They're using the same terrible system WAR did. Do you have this stat? No? Then you die. Talk about undermining player skill. At least with other games skill can make up for gear to an extent. Well at least it's convenient. Now we can snub noobs without needing any addons to calculate their level of noobness.
#18BrackiePosted 11/12/2012 11:21:28 PM
havok718 posted...
Other game does it: Trash, horrible, ruined the game, glad my game doesnt have it.

My game does it: Guys it could be amazing!

Yeah you'll only need it in one dungeon... the ONLY dungeon that will matter after its introduced. Who the hell is going to waste time in normal dungeons after this? And you can bet your ass it will be in every dungeon from here on out, so you pretty much need it now.

Infusion is just a straight up gear check. They're using the same terrible system WAR did. Do you have this stat? No? Then you die. Talk about undermining player skill. At least with other games skill can make up for gear to an extent. Well at least it's convenient. Now we can snub noobs without needing any addons to calculate their level of noobness.

See above post about GW1...God, you people are so reactionary and unbelievably stupid. Wait and see what happens before spitting your dummy out ok???
#19havok718Posted 11/12/2012 11:31:10 PM(edited)
This is not GW1. If you haven't noticed, this game is nothing like GW1. Anet went out of their way to make this game not like GW1.

Do you really think they're introducing a new stat to use in a single dungeon? This dungeon will drop rings, the next dungeon will drop some other pieces, and it will go on and on. By the end you will need a full set of infused gear to do anything new. If you don't understand whats going on this must be your first MMO.
#20BrackiePosted 11/12/2012 11:34:44 PM
havok718 posted...
This is not GW1. If you haven't noticed, this game is nothing like GW1. Anet went out of their way to make this game not like GW1.

Do you really think they're introducing a new stat to use in a single dungeon? .

The fact is, they did it before in GW1. One of the Missions/Dungeons had your group stricken with a debuff that continued to sap your health the entire time you were in the instance. It couldn't be removed and thus you had to be constantly healed. So, the precedent has already been set.....This has already been done 7 years ago.

Wait and see how it is implemented into this game before you get your panties in a twist.