Full article on Ascended loot is now up

#21BrackiePosted 11/12/2012 11:35:13 PM
Brackie posted...
havok718 posted...
This is not GW1. If you haven't noticed, this game is nothing like GW1. Anet went out of their way to make this game not like GW1.

Do you really think they're introducing a new stat to use in a single dungeon? .

The fact is, they did it before in GW1. One of the Missions/Dungeons had your group stricken with a debuff that continued to sap your health the entire time you were in the instance. It couldn't be removed and thus you had to be constantly healed. It also featured no where else except this particular dungeon.So, the precedent has already been set.....This has already been done 7 years ago.

Wait and see how it is implemented into this game before you get your panties in a twist.
#22gamewizard11Posted 11/12/2012 11:35:21 PM
I'll reserve my judgement for when the patch finally comes out, but my immediate opinion is extreme dissapointment. If this turns into a 2nd gear grind, 3 bloody months after the game has been released, I'm quitting GW2 for good.
---
don't have a waifu. 2D is just too mainstream and 1D is not even visible.
#23FDDragoonPosted 11/12/2012 11:38:32 PM
You know what all this complaining reminds me of?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnpleasableFanbase

You people wanted an MMO without a gear treadmill, even though it still has one(Fine>Masterwork>Rare>Exotic). You got yourself full Exotic and got bored with the game and wanted more. Now there's a new set of content with slightly better gear and you're claiming RUINED FOREVER. If this is making you quit the game, then go ahead. Meanwhile, I'll be busy playing the game instead of complaining about it.

Of course, I fully expect those who reply to this claiming I'm nothing more than a slave to ANet and will accept anything they say as gospel.
#24Tiberius4327Posted 11/12/2012 11:40:49 PM
havok718 posted...
Other game does it: Trash, horrible, ruined the game, glad my game doesnt have it.

My game does it: Guys it could be amazing!

Before the announcement: GW2 fails, no end-game content because of no loot treadmill.

After the announcement: GW2 fails, they are adding a gear treadmill at endgame.

Have to love the double standards...coming from both sides.
---
Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.
#25havok718Posted 11/12/2012 11:43:59 PM(edited)
havok718 posted...
This is not GW1. If you haven't noticed, this game is nothing like GW1. Anet went out of their way to make this game not like GW1.

Do you really think they're introducing a new stat to use in a single dungeon? .

The fact is, they did it before in GW1. One of the Missions/Dungeons had your group stricken with a debuff that continued to sap your health the entire time you were in the instance. It couldn't be removed and thus you had to be constantly healed. So, the precedent has already been set.....This has already been done 7 years ago.

Wait and see how it is implemented into this game before you get your panties in a twist.

Dude, what you're talking about is a completely different thing.

You're talking about a dungeon mechanic. Keep moving and healing or we die.

We're talking about a gear mechanic. Get stat X to this amount of you won't progress past here.
#26MSN 04 SazabiPosted 11/12/2012 11:54:03 PM
FDDragoon posted...

You people wanted an MMO without a gear treadmill, even though it still has one(Fine>Masterwork>Rare>Exotic). You got yourself full Exotic and got bored with the game and wanted more. Now there's a new set of content with slightly better gear and you're claiming RUINED FOREVER. If this is making you quit the game, then go ahead. Meanwhile, I'll be busy playing the game instead of complaining about it.

Of course, I fully expect those who reply to this claiming I'm nothing more than a slave to ANet and will accept anything they say as gospel.

Are you really unable to grasp the concept that you're talking about two different groups of people here?

On one hand you have the ones who defend the lack of a gear treadmill, and actually denounce other MMOs for having it. On the other hand the guys saying the game is ruined are making fun of the anti-treadmill guys, because their precious can do no wrong game is presumably progressing down the path of other MMOs.
---
I'll defend my family with my orange umbrella
#27CaliberChampPosted 11/12/2012 11:57:54 PM
I never really said anything bad about GW2 before but this looks bad. I got into Guild Wars because I didn't like hardcore gear progression, I want to win with skill not how good or bad my armor is rating is. I hope they won't go further than this.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Unrecommended games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, FF14, SFxT,
#28Damien94Posted 11/13/2012 12:01:21 AM
MSN 04 Sazabi posted...

Are you really unable to grasp the concept that you're talking about two different groups of people here?

On one hand you have the ones who defend the lack of a gear treadmill, and actually denounce other MMOs for having it. On the other hand the guys saying the game is ruined are making fun of the anti-treadmill guys, because their precious can do no wrong game is presumably progressing down the path of other MMOs.

I just don't understand how GW2 players let the wool get pulled over their eyes. Maybe they were just blinded by hype, propoganda and/or fanboyism?

The heart of GW2 is still a gear treadmill. It's been that way since the beginning. Only difference is you grind for different reasons, and IMO less reason. All you have to look forward to in GW2 is e-peen and looks.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#29tehdudPosted 11/13/2012 12:06:52 AM
fanboyism

this has been strong since gw1 at any "elite fansites". dunno why this game has some really devoted yes men.
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#30LaManoNeraIIPosted 11/13/2012 12:27:11 AM
FDDragoon posted...

I understand this is your first MMO, but there is a very specific reason why every other MMO abandoned the same type of gear gating that GW 2 will implement with the next update: every one HATED it.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009