Full article on Ascended loot is now up

#41asdam_teabagPosted 11/13/2012 1:45:41 AM
You guys realise that the stat differences are barely anything right? What differs with this armour is the ability to infuse it. Remember that the differences between legendaries and exotics isnt that great stat wise, so people without legendries can still compete.

Considering you can't gem this new gear to the stats you want, people will only use it for dungeons that have 'agony'. Everything else will be done in exotics when you can have the stats you want for your builds.
---
http://i.imgur.com/dD8yx.gif
#42Icewitch(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 1:50:29 AM
asdam_teabag posted...
Considering you can't gem this new gear to the stats you want, people will only use it for dungeons that have 'agony'. Everything else will be done in exotics when you can have the stats you want for your builds.

Yeah, I'm sure everyone's going to take off their Legendaries when they go into WvW.
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Coming March 2013 to Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U
#43OlazePosted 11/13/2012 2:18:04 AM
If this is true then it's a dark day for Guild Wars in general. RIP 2005-2012.
#44steker16Posted 11/13/2012 2:27:00 AM
I'll reserve my judgement for when the patch finally comes out, but my immediate opinion is extreme dissapointment. If this turns into a 2nd gear grind, 3 bloody months after the game has been released, I'm quitting GW2 for good.

im not deciding on what i think about it until i see it in game. but please enlighten to me as to the 1st gear grind? because it sure as hell isnt exotics
---
nomnomnom
#45Cool_new_namePosted 11/13/2012 2:40:37 AM
Oh wow, does this mean Mursaat and their minions are coming back?!
#46BrackiePosted 11/13/2012 2:58:26 AM
Olaze posted...
If this is true then it's a dark day for Guild Wars in general. RIP 2005-2012.

lololol How??
#47asdam_teabagPosted 11/13/2012 3:07:04 AM
Icewitch posted...
asdam_teabag posted...

Yeah, I'm sure everyone's going to take off their Legendaries when they go into WvW.

Not legendaries, the ascended ones.
---
http://i.imgur.com/dD8yx.gif
#48Icewitch(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 3:29:04 AM
asdam_teabag posted...
Icewitch posted...
asdam_teabag posted...

Not legendaries, the ascended ones.

You must have missed the part where all Legendaries now have Ascended-level stats.
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Coming March 2013 to Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U
#49DuravonPosted 11/13/2012 3:51:13 AM
So they are adding another tier of gear to get the carrots rolling and on top of that they added a resistance grind for the new PvE progression? So much for the this game isn't a gear treadmill bandwagon.
#50IndigoIcePosted 11/13/2012 5:01:42 AM
Just play the game first.
No use complaining when you haven't even touch it.

90% players in-game are complimenting the ascended.
90% forumers are complaining against the ascended.
Very strange right?

Millions of players can't beat hundreds of forum whiners.
I conclude that the majority welcome the ascended loot.