Logically, is there any reason to use Condition over Power in PvE?

#21DraginvryPosted 11/18/2012 11:07:15 PM
Conditions are useful, but they do have several drawbacks. I think the only time that conditions are noticeably better than power or precision is against high armor targets.
#22OrochixNecrossPosted 11/19/2012 11:40:24 AM
No, I have a full set of condition gear and power/crit gear on my necro, and the power beats conditions so bad, quite sad really.
#23craziii3Posted 11/19/2012 11:50:30 AM
condition is great in pve, but I would go for power always when pvp.
---
insert: something clever!!!
#24curious_deadPosted 11/19/2012 11:51:38 AM
OrochixNecross posted...
No, I have a full set of condition gear and power/crit gear on my necro, and the power beats conditions so bad, quite sad really.

Iím curious about this, I used to play power necro, switched to condition. It seems more powerful, and most abilities donít seem to scale well with power. What weapons/skills do you use?
#25NicoGrimm(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 11:58:53 AM

Huh? I figured it'd be the opposite.
---
'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked! I like me so much better when you're naked!
#26craziii3Posted 11/19/2012 5:10:22 PM
NicoGrimm posted...

Huh? I figured it'd be the opposite.

loads n loads of class abilities that removes conditions. mobs in pve don't really remove conditions while the human players you fight in pvp uses them liberally.

why did you think it is the opposite?
---
insert: something clever!!!
#27NicoGrimm(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 5:13:59 PM
I dunno. I thought that since Conditions ignore armor, you can kill someone faster with them in PvP than by hitting them with a pointy stick.

And, even if they do get removed, can't most classes apply them much faster than you can remove them?
---
'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked! I like me so much better when you're naked!
#28RandomsnPosted 11/19/2012 5:18:00 PM(edited)
Conditions only stack to duration so you and your buddy can't light something on fire and burn it down quickly because you have 2x fire.

However Bleed stacks in intensity, so the more stacks you have the faster it will tick.
I believe Confusion also stacks, but I'm not sure how its damage multiplier works, probably just a flat increase according to the number of stacks.
#29azuresou1Posted 11/20/2012 8:38:44 AM
Condition > Power on high HP mobs which can't be bursted down, as long as you are the only main source of the condition.
---
Face it, Blake Griffin is more a SF than (Rashard) Lewis is - Bullet_Proof_18
Formerly Known As SSJ5Vegeta
#30_Elite_Bushido_Posted 11/20/2012 8:49:03 AM
As a necro with full blown Carrion exotics and a heavy condition build I can safely say:

Go Power / Precision as another profession :(

rabid>carrion
---
She was pregnant 7 times last year and still hasn't had a baby yet. - Riff Raff
http://tinyurl.com/8pf75y8 http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl