This game is too successful

#11Shatter123Posted 11/18/2012 2:26:37 PM
The wow killer!
#12lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 2:28:35 PM
WoW is it's own killer. This is just the grave digger.
---
Mind if I.... Cut in?
#13Hi2utooPosted 11/18/2012 3:03:14 PM
Tears in my eyes right now. This game is so successful. Greatest game of all time.
---
Jeremy Lin will be busting his way onto the bench this season.
#14mrplanktomPosted 11/18/2012 6:08:08 PM
lilj812 posted...
I've never seen so many people attack a game so hard, it's completely irrational at this point. The time when GW2 is bringing in the most new players, the more "trolls" roam this board

More noobs = more food = more trolls.

Population growth from an abundant food source is how almost all organisms function.
---
There's no group of people more delusional than D3 fanboys. Including scientologists.
#15The_tall_midgetPosted 11/18/2012 11:02:42 PM
If you've never seen a game get attacked that much, you haven't been on gamefaqs very long.

Okay granted some failure games do deserve it, like FF XIV. But still.
---
Rule 1 of any mystery : Wizard did it. Always
#16robokillPosted 11/18/2012 11:25:31 PM
No game is perfect, but mmo's really attract the hate. I really really enjoy playing this game, it's just fun to me, sure it's flawed. But there's a guy who said he played 470 hours, if you get 470 hours of entertainment for $60 what is there to complain about. This is a game made by humans, of course it will be flawed, but there is still a lot of value here.

For one the game is beautiful, absolutely gorgeous and pleasing to the eye, I wander around just looking at stuff, look on the icon if I am high enough level and if I am I just wander around aimlessly. How many games have endlessly beautiful environments that are worth exploring? Some people are all about the combat and loot but I personally play games like this for the experience and the adventure and from that aspect I can't think of anything that's better. Even games like Skyrim suck in comparison because in GW2 the environments are hand-crafted. If you stop chasing bad guys for a minute you can see how much effort and detail went into crafting the world. Find a secret cave behind a lake, loot a chest, go spelunking in some mines, turn into a bear do whatever you want. I'm sure the game will get redundant eventually but as far as I'm concerned I've already got my moneys worth.
#17lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:46:14 PM
robokill posted...
No game is perfect, but mmo's really attract the hate. I really really enjoy playing this game, it's just fun to me, sure it's flawed. But there's a guy who said he played 470 hours, if you get 470 hours of entertainment for $60 what is there to complain about. This is a game made by humans, of course it will be flawed, but there is still a lot of value here.

For one the game is beautiful, absolutely gorgeous and pleasing to the eye, I wander around just looking at stuff, look on the icon if I am high enough level and if I am I just wander around aimlessly. How many games have endlessly beautiful environments that are worth exploring? Some people are all about the combat and loot but I personally play games like this for the experience and the adventure and from that aspect I can't think of anything that's better. Even games like Skyrim suck in comparison because in GW2 the environments are hand-crafted. If you stop chasing bad guys for a minute you can see how much effort and detail went into crafting the world. Find a secret cave behind a lake, loot a chest, go spelunking in some mines, turn into a bear do whatever you want. I'm sure the game will get redundant eventually but as far as I'm concerned I've already got my moneys worth.

Same here. I'm the type who likes to wander aimlessly myself getting into whatever adventure I can find, and I feel like this game was made just for me. Fun combat that becomes muscle memory doesn't mean I have to remember a rotation, I just use whatever attacks are suitable for the situation.

But besides that, I just love to explore. The fact that I'm lvl 66 or so and the only thing I've been doing is exploring new maps the whole time, and I've only seen 32% of the world, it just boggles my mind. This is seriously one of the biggest game worlds that I've seen, although I'm sure WoW collectively is bigger, but this game is still adding new zones as well.

This is easily the best 60 dollar game ever made value wise. I still rank Dark Souls at all time #1, and Monster Hunter the series as a close almost tied second, but this game is top 3 of my all time favorite games.

It makes me sad to see such a beautiful and innovative game basically crapped on. But then I look at who is saying all these things and well, they are very strange human beings in general.
---
Mind if I.... Cut in?
#18MSN 04 SazabiPosted 11/19/2012 12:40:16 AM(edited)
are you serious

skyrim's environment and atmosphere are way more interesting than gw2

there are so many more caves and stuff. there's a story and lore you care about.

plus you dont have half naked ranger bots running around everywhere to ruin the immersion.
---
I'll defend my family with my orange umbrella
#19Wii_kid_bf2142Posted 11/19/2012 12:41:01 AM
MSN 04 Sazabi posted...
are you serious

skyrim's environment and atmosphere are way more interesting than gw2

there are so many more caves and stuff. there's a story and lore you care about.

plus you dont have half naked ranger bots running around everywhere to ruin the immersion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
---
Why is everyone keen on being a Spy / Sniper?
Because their handles are either xXxKwIkSkOpExXx or xXxD4rkS4Suk3xXx -- UrCa1988
#20MSN 04 SazabiPosted 11/19/2012 12:46:36 AM
oh, you know the other reason skyrim's world actually feels special?

there's actual exploration

not artificial hand guided tours that tell you to go here (for 60% completion yipee!) and then there (now 65%!)

sure, there's a few unmarked spots once in a while, but when the majority of exploration simply consists of moving around to reach a point marked on your map it's really not that interesting
---
I'll defend my family with my orange umbrella