The event weekend was a disaster imo

#1BrackiePosted 11/18/2012 6:36:39 PM
OK..I love the game, I really do, but i cannot remember a week in any mmo where a developer absolutley turned a game on its head.

The event itself was bugged to hell and when it was working, was sinnfully boring. The new area is small, somewhat bleak with little to see and very few things to do. The new enemies are massively overpowered and can literally two shot u depending on your class.

Then there is the introduction of the ascension gear.....and the fractal dungeon. The dungeon itself has some cool elements but I have yet to get a group that can get to the second tier of difficulty. People either suck, don't listen or have patience or simply dont have the time to get through 3 runs. As for the gear..I have no problem really with introduction of higher tiers, but it has caused a firestorm of dissent on the official forums.

Then there was the class changes....Rangers seem to have got nothing usefull and warriors buffed even more. Its got to the point where i see people specifically spamming lf warrior for dungeon and ignorin other classes.

What should have been another great month of free content that as amazing, is somewhat dissappointing. I hope this is just a minor blip in what is really a lovely game. I dropped TOR for this.. I don't wanna end up dropping this for ESO. If that sucks, I may just give up on the genre all together
#2HolyKnight199Posted 11/18/2012 6:44:35 PM
I also have very negative feeling about that patch.

Unique events that happen when half the NA population is working.

Said events were so laggy that monsters and 90% of the raid can remain invisible and get you killed. A lot of people ragequit including myself, but, of course, it had to give exotic precursors.

Dungeons SUCK in this game yet running the new one is the only way to get the best gear.

... Well, at least I still have WoW.
---
Peace!
#3xvePosted 11/18/2012 6:55:26 PM
Not only was the event a disaster, the rest of the game suffered too because nobody was doing anything else.
#4Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/18/2012 7:20:30 PM
The event weekend was everything I thought it would be.

I wasn't let down
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#5ReikkenPosted 11/18/2012 7:29:27 PM
the new dungeon is great though
---
Capitalism, ho!
#6Hi2utooPosted 11/18/2012 9:38:36 PM
What. You could still play the game normally. You didn't have to do it. It was completely optional. They also gave you cool stuff at the end. Like totally free stuff. So I don't get why people are whining so much about it TBH. If you're not having fun don't play. It's not like you are paying a SUB FEE like that other game that is currently dying is.
---
Jeremy Lin will be busting his way onto the bench this season.
#7NicoGrimmPosted 11/18/2012 9:47:54 PM(edited)
Agree. This was an awful time to have a free trial event.
All new players saw are mostly empty servers with huge clusters of people gathered around certain spots (like waiting for Noll).

Events that don't span the ENTIRE world are horrible for new players.
---
'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked! I like me so much better when you're naked!
#8TaijouroukunPosted 11/18/2012 9:58:27 PM
NicoGrimm posted...
Agree. This was an awful time to have a free trial event.
All new players saw are mostly empty servers with huge clusters of people gathered around certain spots (like waiting for Noll).

Events that don't span the ENTIRE world are horrible for new players.

yeah, this is a bad week for free trial. they should have done the free trial on halloween, and another one this coming wintersday. tis the season for giving.
#9great_darmaniPosted 11/18/2012 10:15:00 PM
I heard a lot of people got precursor weapons from the final event, which I couldn't even participate in because it started at 7am Monday in Australia.

This has been one of the most anticipated games in the last few years for me, and I still love it to some extent, but I'm really starting to think that the developers enjoy eating their own crap and must think that we do, too.
---
"I need to do something about these games... At least I look good." - Joel
#10MechangmenowPosted 11/18/2012 10:36:45 PM
I don't think it was a disaster: it had lots of glitches for sure and those were definitely annoying. Getting wiped by Karka barrel-roll when it only just appeared was annoying, but on the other hand I had 5 repair canisters from BLChests from a while back. The loot at the end was fantastic (exotic accessory, 2 rares, 2 exotics) and two people on my server got precursors, The Colossus and the precursor to the torch (Rodgurt something?).

I enjoyed Fractal of the Mists, it was pretty fun and it's definitely more interactive than a regular dungeon run. I'll probably be running it in the future too.

The finale event was pretty awesome, except for the "kill reinforcements" bits where it took about an hour too long to do. But everything else was awesome and it was cool to see everybody reviving each other.

In general, Northern Shores brought about lots of changes and showed that while Arenanet still has to work out a lot of the basic issues like culling, implementing fixed events and general polish, they can still throw down an event that makes people take a day off.
---
Culinary Institute of Tyria: www.citchef.com
Youtube: Mechangmenows