World Completion question

#1BenjiPOTFPosted 11/19/2012 7:25:37 PM
I just triple checked all my map and noticed I finished the whole PVE map but yet have 7% left to go.
My question is is the other 7% left in the World vs World? or how can I go to complete my cartography?

Any help will be appreciated. thanks.
---
PSN:BenjiPOTF
#2Ness0123456789Posted 11/19/2012 7:30:02 PM
Yup, the last 7% is in WvW.

It's not as hard as it sounds, especially if your World maintains a dominate presence in your match up. My advice for you is to focus on the Eternal Battlegrounds first, as that's the one map that will always remain contested no matter what Borderland you're put into.

As for the Borderlands, you have two ways you can go about this. The first is to simply play WvW and try to work with your world to take keeps. Check every day if possible to see what you hold, and make a note of what you don't. Always focus on the three Keeps in the middle before anything else in terms of control. These are the most difficult to capture and hold, the middle Keep especially.

The towers should be your second priority when browsing the maps. If you see a Tower, go for it only if there's not a Keep that you need in your control. The Tower's are MUCH easier to take, and will change hands a lot more often than the Keeps will.

Finally, work on the un-guarded outposts last for their PoI's and Vistas. These don't actually require you to control them to get to them, just a bit of luck. And don't worry to much about the Skill Points, comparatively they're fairly easy. Each Borderland will always have one that's a Veteran Fight, one that's a commune point, and another that's an inventory consumable. These you shouldn't have many issues getting, honestly, as they're located in places players rarely go to during WvW.

Lastly, the Borderlands you're in may change when you get a new match up, so if all else fails for the Borderlands completion, just wait until the Borderland your world owns is one you don't have yet, and go nuts.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#3BenjiPOTF(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 9:55:17 PM
Cool. Thanks for the great advice.
---
PSN:BenjiPOTF
#4Ness0123456789Posted 11/20/2012 5:37:38 PM
Cool. Thanks for the great advice.

No problem.

WvW completion can be a daunting task at first, but once you find the rythm to it and understand which points are more high value, both in terms of World Completion and actual WvW Game Play, you start to understand where you need go first and what needs to take priority in terms of completing.

Also, one last bit of advice I failed to mention, but if you plan to do the Jumping Puzzles too, the Borderland Ones can be pseudo-cheesed. If you do the puzzle in your world, you can actually get the two key halves needed to unlock the vault and use it in the other worlds as well, bypassing about 90% of the puzzle in contested worlds.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI