Do you think Guild Wars 2 has lived up to its manifesto?

#1YamaChanPosted 11/27/2012 12:36:58 AM
Has Guild Wars 2 lived up to its manifesto? - Results (179 votes)
Yes
47.49% (85 votes)
No
52.51% (94 votes)
This poll is now closed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BPhT-KI1E

No. More details later if I feel like it.
---
"Key which hides the powers of darkness... Show your true power before me. Under the contract, Sakura commands you. Release!!" - Sakura Kinomoto
#2KatzachanPosted 11/27/2012 1:18:44 AM
They basically lied to get people to buy the box.

They had a Q&A recently and stated they fully intended to carry on with the gear treadmill, so no not really. The game is dying now because of their own lies and incompetence. A message needs to be sent that they can't just say whatever they want before launch and go back on it and people are doing just that.
#3LtRickGreyPosted 11/27/2012 2:12:37 AM(edited)
Wow you sound bitter. Are we playing the same game? You DON'T have to grind ya know? Nothing they said at launch was a lie.

If you played gw2 like a traditional mmo that's on you. Not anet. They gave you the opportunity.

Reminds me of the people that grinded up to level 80, only did wvw then quit because they were bored. Yeah go them.
#4Gespenst0KickPosted 11/27/2012 2:11:40 AM
Katzachan posted...
They basically lied to get people to buy the box.

They had a Q&A recently and stated they fully intended to carry on with the gear treadmill, so no not really. The game is dying now because of their own lies and incompetence. A message needs to be sent that they can't just say whatever they want before launch and go back on it and people are doing just that.

So, you're saying the tears haven't stopped yet? It's funny though, I haven't been negatively affected by this Ascended stuff so far, and I'm only at level 2 fractrals.
#5XianCePosted 11/27/2012 6:51:26 AM
Wow @ the comments.

Ugh, I need to stop coming here more and just play the game.
---
Competitive gaming is a joke.
PC Shop Teacher: Remember - anyone who doesn't build their own birdhouse is a CASUAL woodsmith.
#6CaliberChampPosted 11/27/2012 8:04:06 AM
For the most part, yes they delivered on their promises. Except I'm still waiting for the guesting and dungeon finder options.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Unrecommended games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, FF14, SFxT,
#7NicoGrimmPosted 11/27/2012 8:23:35 AM
It has. They delivered everything they said they would.

The problem is, their manifesto looked good on paper, but kinda fell apart in practice.
When you get rid of the Trinity, you can not make Dungeons which are clearly geared towards Tank/DPS/Healer roles. Somethign needs to change there.
---
'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked! I like me so much better when you're naked!
#8YamaChan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 1:15:40 PM
Surprisingly neck and neck thus far.
---
"Key which hides the powers of darkness... Show your true power before me. Under the contract, Sakura commands you. Release!!" - Sakura Kinomoto
#9XienzatoPosted 11/27/2012 10:11:35 PM
Even the small sample size, I think it goes to show just how disappointed people are with gw2. Remember this poll is in the gw2 forums where players are meant to be biased towards the 'yes' answer.
I said no because although their trinity system in theory was revolutionary, in practice it resulted in a very bland and shallow gaming experience for me which quikcly got old. They should have stuck with what made gw1 great and built on that...
---
PSN: Xienzato
#10EchoBeamPosted 11/27/2012 10:15:30 PM
Heck no. I just came to this forum to see if people still played this game.