Do you think Guild Wars 2 has lived up to its manifesto?

#11random_noobiePosted 11/27/2012 11:51:42 PM
if there was an inbetween answer, i would've chosen that, but, my opinion leans toward yes more then no, so.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays
#12Chris616263_Posted 11/27/2012 11:52:25 PM
I'm not sure how anybody can vote "yes" to this. There really isn't anything in this game that delivers a "heroic" feel, nor is there any sort of permanence that makes the game world feel as though you've actually changed something.

That being said, I never expected them to live up to their manifesto. I said it was overhyped 2 years ago, I said ANet would never accomplish all of their absurdly lofty goals two years ago, and I was correct. That doesn't necessarily mean that I think GW2 is a bad game (far from it) I would just appreciate it if ANet stopped lying to their customers and to themselves. It's as if they all attended the Peter Molyneux School of Video Game PR before sitting down to make that video.
---
XBL Chris616263| Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard.
#13wheeltrainPosted 11/28/2012 12:45:45 AM
The dynamic questing system really fell short. It is the same crap over and over. I still enjoy this game more then any MMO out there especially considering its totally free (no paying for skill bars). But dynamic questing didnt live up to the hype.
---
360 & PsN ID: wheeltrain
#14Chris616263_Posted 11/28/2012 12:50:42 AM
wheeltrain posted...
The dynamic questing system really fell short. It is the same crap over and over. I still enjoy this game more then any MMO out there especially considering its totally free (no paying for skill bars). But dynamic questing didnt live up to the hype.

I would agree, but I have to take back what I said earlier:

Dynamic and Meta Events DO have a feel of permanence to them; when they glitch up and render themselves unfinishable! Especially when you're trying to get the Temple of Balthazar open in Straits of Devastation, and the Pact NPCs are too busy being piled up in a corner to do anything.
---
XBL Chris616263| Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard.
#15Death CommanderPosted 11/28/2012 12:51:38 AM
Yes, but it could have been better. I think it'll only improve with age, as opposed to stagnate.
---
History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.