GW2 would have a great playerbase if only they worked on it more.

#1CenaxKikiaPosted 12/4/2012 10:31:10 AM
Even League of Legends kept getting bigger and bigger until it exploded just because the developer actually actively works on the game. I like GW2 I just wish Arenanet didn't put out a patch every 2 months or whatever and communicated with their community to the smallest extent, instead of being the invisible man behind the curtain.
---
"The unknown.. trolls us.." -Carl Sagan
I play with balls and cubes -> http://www.youtube.com/CenaxKikia
#2lilj812Posted 12/4/2012 10:34:20 AM
They patch the game all the freakin time. They patched the game YESTERDAY.
---
Mind if I.... Cut in?
Xeeh Bitz best hits: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/938738-guild-wars-2/64689532 <-- some people can't help it, they need to lie.
#3ReikkenPosted 12/4/2012 10:44:32 AM
They need to take notes from Riot Games. LoL has basically zero bugs, gets continual balance tweaks, and there is extensive communication with players. Patch preview videos, in depth forum posts on gameplay goals and direction, quick responses to feedback, etc.
---
Capitalism, ho!
#4JebSkatr2Posted 12/4/2012 10:50:44 AM
I would say Anet interacts with their community a large amount. Go on the official forums, you will see dev posts all over the place.

They hold an almost monthly reddit chat where anyone can ask questions and they'll try to answer. I'll try and dig up the last one, it lasted like some 6+ hours.

Plus, they've added new content or had an event each month, with Wintersday starting in just over a week and the biggest patch yet promised for Jan/Feb

January and February will be our biggest updates to date. They’re even bigger than all the stuff we did in October, November and December. And, I think that when people see how much stuff they’re gonna get for no monthly fee in January and February, they’re probably going to be blown away. These two months combined are basically an expansion’s worth of content for free.

This from Colin Johanson
#5havok718Posted 12/4/2012 11:24:33 AM(edited)
I would say Anet interacts with their community a large amount. Go on the official forums, you will see dev posts all over the place.

They hold an almost monthly reddit chat where anyone can ask questions and they'll try to answer. I'll try and dig up the last one, it lasted like some 6+ hours.

Plus, they've added new content or had an event each month, with Wintersday starting in just over a week and the biggest patch yet promised for Jan/Feb

January and February will be our biggest updates to date. They’re even bigger than all the stuff we did in October, November and December. And, I think that when people see how much stuff they’re gonna get for no monthly fee in January and February, they’re probably going to be blown away. These two months combined are basically an expansion’s worth of content for free.

This from Colin Johanson

Sounds like more 3-day events that result in s*** storms on the forums while class issues and bugs are still ignored. I want an expansion's worth of bug fixes, not events to peddle more warez from the gem shop.

How much time did they spend on Southsun Cove? Who even goes there now besides to mine? What an utter waste of resources.
#6LiquiDZerOPosted 12/4/2012 12:09:05 PM(edited)
havok718 posted...

Sounds like more 3-day events that result in s*** storms on the forums while class issues and bugs are still ignored. I want an expansion's worth of bug fixes, not events to peddle more warez from the gem shop.

How much time did they spend on Southsun Cove? Who even goes there now besides to mine? What an utter waste of resources.

that's a shame you don't go to southsun, that place is the best area to farm t6 blood, scales, and venom.

the content team is separate from the debug team.

plus, some bugs may be more difficult to fix than other bugs. it's not like you can identify a bug and then the coder fixes it by the next day. if you've ever taken even a beginner's programming class you'd know that while you may fix one bug it could lead to another problem somewhere else in the code.
---
"I can't begin to count the number of agents whose lives were saved by a cardboard box." -Snake
#7NicoGrimmPosted 12/4/2012 12:11:11 PM
They need to take notes from Riot Games. LoL has basically zero bugs, gets continual balance tweaks, and there is extensive communication with players. Patch preview videos, in depth forum posts on gameplay goals and direction, quick responses to feedback, etc.

You of course understand that LoL isn't an MMO, or an open world, right? It's a LOT easier to keep something like LoL or DOTA, or whatever else bug free than it is an MMO.
---
'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked! I like me so much better when you're naked!
#8CaliberChampPosted 12/4/2012 12:15:02 PM
Wow what a bad comparison. Gw2 is so much bigger than lol. So of course its going to have more bugs. What are you? Like 13 years old?
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Unrecommended games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, FF14, SFxT,
#9CenaxKikia(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 3:07:52 PM
JebSkatr2 posted...
They hold an almost monthly reddit chat where...

Monthly.. Once per month? This is the problem.
---
"The unknown.. trolls us.." -Carl Sagan
I play with balls and cubes -> http://www.youtube.com/CenaxKikia
#10ScorpeXPosted 12/4/2012 3:16:54 PM
I think the devs are just really dissapointed with the player loss and kinda don't know what to do with the game now. The panic change to gear treadmills shows they really don't know how to combat the boredom players face at cap.