Is it feasible to get everything when crafting?

#1lazarius12Posted 12/4/2012 5:35:24 PM
I started keeping track of each inscription version of each armor type in my tailoring craft so that I could hit each one once, but at this point I can't seem to keep up. Am I going to hit max on the craft before I discover every version of every armor? The collector in me really wants to unlock them all, but not if it's pointless after a while.
#2RabillionPosted 12/4/2012 5:38:11 PM
Kind of pointless (and a waste of mats) to go for every single discovery. Your goal should be to reach 400 and craft your own exotics versus trying to unlock stuff you'll never craft again.
#3KagerasuPosted 12/4/2012 10:38:10 PM
T_T I don't like how crafting is a gold sink in this game. I wouldn't mind if I made nothing out of it, but having to lose gold early on when I'm new to the game doesn't seem very inviting.

My incentive to learn and fiddle around with it is just...ehhh.
#4BrackiePosted 12/4/2012 10:42:14 PM
It's really only worthwhile if you are using crafting to level or if you are a completist. You rapidly supercede your gear so unless you need to max out each inscription for the above reasons, you're best waiting to use your stuff for the top tier of craftin imo. Unless you like to have greens and rares for different alts while they level.
#5Duke DarkwoodPosted 12/4/2012 10:46:38 PM
The collector in me WILL eventually unlock them all, at least on my main's two crafts.

Key word: eventually. I've got better things to save money and materials for at the moment. A goal like this is at LEAST going to wait until I have Master Craftsman as a title, I can tell you THAT much.

So in my opinion: Don't worry about it for now. You've got better things to worry about. Advancing the craft is one of them. Keeping your equipment up to par as you level is another. Crafting all these things will take lots of coin or time as you buy or farm the materials you'll need. And you'll need a LOT, to make every combination. (Especially once you get the karma-bought recipes, which start at the second tier and cost 15 of the applicable Fine Material per insignia/inscription!)
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#6tehdudPosted 12/4/2012 10:49:53 PM
you'd want to unlock as minimal as possible so they dont clutter your menu. they need a filter option for crafting.
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#7BrackiePosted 12/4/2012 10:50:42 PM
tehdud posted...
you'd want to unlock as minimal as possible so they dont clutter your menu. they need a filter option for crafting.

there is one....
#8tehdudPosted 12/4/2012 10:53:00 PM
filter grade of items.... not type.... ....
---
#9Duke DarkwoodPosted 12/5/2012 1:06:33 AM
Ah, but they DO have a grade filter - both for tier and for quality. If you only want Level 80 items to show - as an example - uncheck all grades except Rare and Exotic, and all tiers except Adept and Master. Just as an example. (Obviously, most will just have it show the exotics.)

NOTE: Filtering out "Fine" will hide all refinement recipes and containers, so it's probably better to just filter out the tiers - or at least remember to re-check "Fine" for such cases.

The "Gain Experience" filter strikes me as kind of obsolete once you hit 400, though. Behold as I make my entire crafting list vanish, with one click! (It did. Then came back when I clicked it off.)
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#10tehdudPosted 12/5/2012 1:16:14 AM
holy crap i stand corrected. i never used the search bar, didnt think it had a dropdown checklist.
---