Did you guys buy any armor/weapons from vendors prior to hitting 80?

#1AverageGaiPosted 12/4/2012 11:04:14 PM
I'm only level 35 on my warrior and so far I haven't really bought anything because even though they would be upgrades, they didn't seem to be much of an upgrade from what I'm finding off mobs. Does the extra 2-3 defense on the armor pieces even make a difference at this point?

I've noticed I tend to die quite a bit when I accidentally aggro more than 2 or 3 enemies.

Could that be due to my gear (which are like 5-10 lvls under my char's level) or just my traits?

Thanks.
---
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
#2tehdudPosted 12/4/2012 11:05:43 PM
no, white vendor armor is never worth it

storyline rewards armor and random drops are plenty adequate.
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#3lilj812Posted 12/4/2012 11:08:52 PM
Use the trading post, just press O and search around for some good gear. You can find armor and weapons there for dirt cheap, you can also sell stuff in your inventory for more than you can vendor it or it won't let you sell it.

The trading post, also unofficially called the auction house, has all your needs.
---
NCpwn: That's cool. D3 was a fun game.
Xeeh Bitz best hits: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/938738-guild-wars-2/64689532
#4NoGaRdKniGhtPosted 12/4/2012 11:45:15 PM
I bought cultural T1 on my Warrior because it looked better than most of the other stuff I was finding.
#5NicoGrimmPosted 12/4/2012 11:56:41 PM(edited)
I bought a chest piece and some weapons from a random heart karma Vendor I found at around 40, that I still haven't replaced at 58?
---
'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked! I like me so much better when you're naked!
#6Crimson_SpiderPosted 12/4/2012 11:58:38 PM
On first playthrough to 80, there wasn't any masses of armor for sale on the Black Lion, so I leveled up crafting as I leveled up and just made myself armor from tier to tier.
---
Rest in Peace City of Heroes: April 27, 2004 - November 30, 2012. We will miss you.
Cause of death: "Realignment of Company Focus" by NCsoft.
#7JenniferTatePosted 12/5/2012 12:06:04 AM
On my first character at launch, I lived off of Karma vendors and drops. I was with a friend, so we were able to keep each other pretty well geared when we shared.

When I hit 80, I didn't have much Karma, and the official forums told me I should have had a lot more than that. I chalked it up to buying everything at Karma as I could.

On every subsequent character, I hoard my Karma and live off of quest rewards, drops, and if I'm really hurting, every ten levels I pick up Masterwork armor and my favorite weapons of the moment. I've felt pretty good about this plan.
---
I don't take the orders from the war room anymore
This is one recruit who surrenders
#8xxtatataxxPosted 12/5/2012 1:35:11 AM
while leveling just pick up a set of masterwork off tp every 5-10levels. and when changing just sell them to vendors, masterworks are pretty much the same price as buying from tp and selling to vendors so it wont set you back much.
after reaching 68 you can switch to buy a set of rares every 3-4levels and salvage them when hitting 80 for the ectos you need to make exotics. every level has its own specific stats, i think 68 is all berserker and 69 is something else. just buy new ones everytime you hit a leveling and you like the stats it gives.
---
PSN: xinchungedewudi