Meleeing Fire Elemental

#1Soldier3rdClassPosted 12/13/2012 10:34:22 PM(edited)
Does the game just not want you to do this? I mean they make it so hard to see because your in a flaming tornado and trying to watch out for fire waves and red circles beneath you. How do you guys accomplish this because it feels like I can't safely stay in there for too long before having to roll out.

I guess I could just get a ranged weapon for a guardian and switch between the 2 but why did they make this boss so inaccessible to melee character or am I just doing it wrong?

Edit: I have beat him several times it's just I hate having to back out after being hit healing up and then jumping back in getting hit and then being forced to wait for my heals to come off cd.
---
2500K @4.5Ghz // GTX 680 SC SLI // 8GB RAM // Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo
SteamID: SmurfyD
#2NicoGrimmPosted 12/13/2012 11:53:48 PM(edited)
The game doesn't seem to want you to melee most bosses. Ranged is almost always a much safer option.
Thats basically my biggest gripe with Guardian. Our ranged option (Scepter) is awful.
---
'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked! I like me so much better when you're naked!
#3random_noobiePosted 12/14/2012 12:22:41 AM
NicoGrimm posted...
The game doesn't seem to want you to melee most bosses. Ranged is almost always a much safer option.
Thats basically my biggest gripe with Guardian. Our ranged option (Scepter) is awful.

ranged will always be at an advantage in almost every game ever against any boss ever.

melee is doable, definitely, but it takes more finesse and requires you to pay attention more for precise, specific dodges.

then you can just swap to ranged and more or less afk.

gg.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays
#4NicoGrimmPosted 12/14/2012 12:26:36 AM
Sorta.
Games could easily implement some sort of Anti Range mechanic, or somethign that would force you into melee range.

I can't really think of any that do, but I don't see why not.
---
'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked! I like me so much better when you're naked!
#5havok718Posted 12/14/2012 12:33:43 AM(edited)
That boss is just badly designed for something in a starting zone.

Also a lot of big event bosses over-scale. Once you hit critical mass (not much, like 10 players) the bosses do too much damage for any individual player to survive. I mean did they think level 15's are going to throw down group protection and aoe heals (hell that rarely even happens in 80 dungeons)? No, at that level they're going to derp, and these early raid-like events should consider that.
#6Soldier3rdClass(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 1:14:02 AM(edited)
NicoGrimm posted...

ranged will always be at an advantage in almost every game ever against any boss ever.

melee is doable, definitely, but it takes more finesse and requires you to pay attention more for precise, specific dodges.

then you can just swap to ranged and more or less afk.

gg.

That's the thing though. It's not about paying attention for precise dodging. I have no issue dodging anything the fire elemental throws out. It's the fact that you have this orangeish fire surrounding your screen since you have to stand inside it to be in melee range of the golem inside. This means you have to try to see the red circles through that orangeish overlish as well as the fire waves that are the exact same color as the fire elemental your standing inside of.

It just seems like a bad design choice IMO.

Like why does the Fire Elemental have to envelope the bot. Why can't it just stream out from the head portion of the bot. This way melee characters have clear vision of what's around them and can dodge accordingly. Impairing our vision just isn't fun.
---
2500K @4.5Ghz // GTX 680 SC SLI // 8GB RAM // Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo
SteamID: SmurfyD