Patch notes are up

#1NicoGrimmPosted 12/14/2012 6:23:06 PM
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-December-14-2012

Glancing through it, it seems to be mainly buffs and bug fixes for most classes.
---
'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked! I like me so much better when you're naked!
#2steker16Posted 12/14/2012 6:31:54 PM
necro changes are trash and shows they have no idea what to do with the class
---
nomnomnom
#3RabillionPosted 12/14/2012 6:34:28 PM
“Grenade” skill now does 30% less damage to balance against using sigils.

I never liked grenades but wtf?? And with half of the engineer "fixes" pertaining to underwater combat this was another disappointing patch. Whatever. At least HGH got a buff.
#4LordAizenSamaPosted 12/14/2012 6:35:42 PM
steker16 posted...

How so? Notes seem fine to me. Unless I really missed something.
---
The Heart.
#5NicoGrimm(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 6:37:32 PM
“Grenade” skill now does 30% less damage to balance against using sigils.

I never liked grenades but wtf?? And with half of the engineer "fixes" pertaining to underwater combat this was another disappointing patch. Whatever. At least HGH got a buff.

I was wondering about that! When they say "grenade skill" do they meann all of the 1-5 skills you get from the grenade kit? Or the one that shows up on your F1-F5 keys?

Regardless, 30% seems like total overkill unless engi sigils are totally godlike.
---
'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked! I like me so much better when you're naked!
#6maoricPosted 12/14/2012 6:41:05 PM
NicoGrimm posted...
Regardless, 30% seems like total overkill unless engi sigils are totally godlike.

No idea for the grenade kit (rarely used it before), but: Flamethrower+Superior Sigil of Perception+Sigil of Blood (or Ice, or Air, or ...).

Insanity. I'm dusting off my charr engineer and making her my current main.
---
Go to synaesthesia.
~Rez
#7steker16Posted 12/14/2012 6:41:19 PM
steker16 posted...

you must not know much of anything about necros to say something like that. the insane amount of bugs the class has and the only thing they do is tweak underwater skills, "nerf" fear, and change the location of where a projectile fires from the body(really?) and made an idiotic change to jagged horrors that shows how out out of touch they are with the necro playerbase

how about the fact that deathshroud UI is dumb and blocks vital game information a player need, insanely bugged minion AI that makes them 100% useless, absolutely terrible power scaling making any power based build do more damage with auto attacks than any other skill from a weapon set. there is more, but i cant be bothered
---
nomnomnom
#8MaeluunPosted 12/14/2012 6:48:10 PM
"Weapon sigils now continue to function while holding a bundle (such as engineer kits)."

Oh thank the lord. I was wondering if I should go back to trying my engineer.
---
Attention-starved old people: "Stay away from the summoner!!"
http://i54.tinypic.com/2ed2qeu.jpg http://i55.tinypic.com/of3oyt.jpg
#9azrael427Posted 12/14/2012 6:54:38 PM
Increased the velocity of arrows fired from Short Bow and Longbow skills by 30%.

Can it be true? my Longbow might be useful for pve!
---
Steam ID - Azrael4270
PSN - azrael427
#10LordAizenSamaPosted 12/14/2012 6:58:16 PM
steker16 posted...
steker16 posted...

you must not know much of anything about necros to say something like that. the insane amount of bugs the class has and the only thing they do is tweak underwater skills, "nerf" fear, and change the location of where a projectile fires from the body(really?) and made an idiotic change to jagged horrors that shows how out out of touch they are with the necro playerbase

how about the fact that deathshroud UI is dumb and blocks vital game information a player need, insanely bugged minion AI that makes them 100% useless, absolutely terrible power scaling making any power based build do more damage with auto attacks than any other skill from a weapon set. there is more, but i cant be bothered

I main a Necro... The only "bug" I've encountered is that is Necrotic Transversal doesn't teleport you up inclines. That might honestly be intentional though, had the same issue on my mesmer. Pets can be a pain sometimes, but they get the job done fine. Power based build seemed fine, but I didn't do anything serious with one. So maybe it is an issue.

I don't know, there are issues, but they don't seem "out of touch" with Necros by any means. Guess we've just had different experiences.
---
The Heart.