Poll: Best Profession in Guild Wars 2 (sPvP)

#1zerooriginalPosted 12/21/2012 10:33:09 PM
What do you think is the best Profession in Guild Wars 2 for sPvP? - Results (85 votes)
Guardian
24.71% (21 votes)
Warrior
8.24% (7 votes)
Engineer
4.71% (4 votes)
Ranger
7.06% (6 votes)
Thief
25.88% (22 votes)
Elementalist
7.06% (6 votes)
Mesmer
14.12% (12 votes)
Necromancer
8.24% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Why did you choose that Profession?
#2Wii_kid_bf2142Posted 12/21/2012 10:38:32 PM
Ele especially bunker ele

can fill any role on a team, capper defender roamer etc
basically unkillable if played correctly
tons of moblity
always able to throw out attacks
decent damage for a supertank
---
Why is everyone keen on being a Spy / Sniper?
Because their handles are either xXxKwIkSkOpExXx or xXxD4rkS4Suk3xXx -- UrCa1988
#3NicoGrimmPosted 12/21/2012 10:55:34 PM
Guardian = Ele = Mesmer = Thief.
---
... Is Chicken Parmesan vegan?
#4ReikkenPosted 12/21/2012 11:08:30 PM
guardian and engineer seem to be the hardest to beat in fights, so them
---
Capitalism, ho!
#5Rideps1Posted 12/21/2012 11:10:48 PM
Necromancer. Apparently everyone believes we are useless and just laughs when my horde comes barreling down on them. I show them the error of their ways.

Except the Thieves, they usually manage to run away. And the Mesmers who can usually hold out till they have backup.
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
#6MechangmenowPosted 12/21/2012 11:12:40 PM
I think Guardian is the most useful sPvP profession and it is very flexible. You can go glass cannon with a triple-meditation build that actually has some survivability in it, or you can go full retaliation tank. Reflect, knockdowns, utility... Guardian has everything but good ranged abilities and strong single-target burst.

With that said, Thieves are by far the best assassin profession. Nobody can outburst a skilled thief, and nobody can catch one either.

Elementalists are very good at AoE damage and tanky elementalists are ridiculously hard to take down. But they lack true burst (I'm talking thief level) and have probably the highest skill cap of all professions, so most people don't play elementalists to full potential.

I would put Rangers at the bottom tier because they really don't have a strong identity out of all the professions. Sure, they can hit at 1500 but with so many closers and reflection abilties, range can be nullified quickly. And then you go pets: pet AI will never overcome human reactions, and Necromancers can summon way more minions than your pet. And of course, if you go melee... well, your melee skills are all single-target based, which the Warrior beats you in every way possible. Oh and conditions? Necromancers got that covered, and Thieves can poison much better anyway.

Ok here's my list:

1. Guardian
2. Mesmer, Thief
3. Elementalist
4. Warrior, Engineer,
5. Necromancer
6. Ranger
---
Culinary Institute of Tyria: www.citchef.com
Youtube: Mechangmenows