Do you use Gamepads such as a Xbox or PS3 controller?

#1zerooriginalPosted 12/28/2012 9:22:00 PM
I am currently trying out the elementalist, but I find it to be difficult because you have to switch between element very often and the keys are not easy to reach. It took awhile for me to get used to the Dualshock controller, but at least I'm activating skills more quickly than before.
#2xxSkyShadowxxPosted 12/28/2012 9:30:55 PM
I've tried using my XBox contoller via XPadder but found that the camera look lagged a bit so I don't use it often.
#3T_M0neyPosted 12/29/2012 5:31:02 PM
i didnt know there was support for a controller, does not seem like it be good at all for this game.
---
http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq210/tarpooon/old-bucs-logo.jpg
#4DanTheTimidPosted 12/29/2012 6:14:27 PM
I find the keyboard mouse set up absurdly un-user friendly as well, and likely by no coincidence my main is an elementalist also so the need to constantly hit the F1-4 keys plays no small part in that feeling, but I can't really see how you could use a controller to play this game either. Which is unfortunate, as I have a dedicated PC controller I bought (the most expensive wired logitech one) just a few months back and absolutely adore in a number of keyboard games I used to not care for.

But really, I'd love to know how you're pulling this off as I would put in the time to get used to an new set up to get out of having to deal with this awful keyboard/mouse one if one is actually reasonably viable. Maybe map the F keys to the four directions of the left analog stick, the mouse to the right analog stick, movement to left d-pad, 8 of the skills to the 4 face buttons and 4 shoulder buttons... and then... I guess the L3 and R3 for skills 9 and 0? That doesn't leave any room for the search/use button though... start maybe? I question how well the right analog stick would really function as a mouse though, quick looking and movement aside,Ele's do an awful lot of precision mouse aimed casting...
#5DiamondBlade82Posted 12/29/2012 7:42:39 PM(edited)
DanTheTimid posted...
I find the keyboard mouse set up absurdly un-user friendly as well, and likely by no coincidence my main is an elementalist also so the need to constantly hit the F1-4 keys plays no small part in that feeling, but I can't really see how you could use a controller to play this game either. Which is unfortunate, as I have a dedicated PC controller I bought (the most expensive wired logitech one) just a few months back and absolutely adore in a number of keyboard games I used to not care for.

But really, I'd love to know how you're pulling this off as I would put in the time to get used to an new set up to get out of having to deal with this awful keyboard/mouse one if one is actually reasonably viable. Maybe map the F keys to the four directions of the left analog stick, the mouse to the right analog stick, movement to left d-pad, 8 of the skills to the 4 face buttons and 4 shoulder buttons... and then... I guess the L3 and R3 for skills 9 and 0? That doesn't leave any room for the search/use button though... start maybe? I question how well the right analog stick would really function as a mouse though, quick looking and movement aside,Ele's do an awful lot of precision mouse aimed casting...

I have a razor naga.

Best PC gaming investment I've ever made period.

Even if you are a casual gamer, i dont understand how people dont have a razor, or something similar.
#6DiamondBlade82Posted 12/29/2012 7:42:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7TaijouroukunPosted 12/29/2012 10:30:02 PM
DanTheTimid posted...

is there a way to make one of the button on the joypad shift? if there is, then it can work.
#8DanTheTimidPosted 12/30/2012 3:51:17 PM
For the record, I have a razor mouse, a Razor Death Adder to be specific. a year or two old but still seems to be working as good as the day I got it. Also have a Razor 2013 Black Widow mechanical keyboard.

Now thats not the same as a Naga, I believe thats the mouse with like 9 thumb buttons or something isn't it, generally purchased by hardcore MMO players or something? Guild Wars 2 is the only MMO I play so I'd be reluctant to purchase a mouse just for this game, but if it really helps out that much I may have to consider it.
#9CaliberChampPosted 12/30/2012 4:05:01 PM
Bind your elemental attuments with ctrl+1. Ctrl +2, and 3 and 4. Also a game pad is bad for this game because there are a lot of aimable abilities that just wouldn't work well with the game pad.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z
#10Duke DarkwoodPosted 12/30/2012 4:29:33 PM
I do not think I could effectively use a gaming mouse; I swear, size of those side buttons, my thumb would probably hit three at once without trying (this may be a mild exaggeration, but the point remains). I am, however, considering a gaming keypad to put skills and class abilities on, and maybe a one-side-button mouse (I got a G5, actually) to slap dodges onto.

Headset first, though. It is becoming increasingly unfeasible to NOT have one; GW1's combat at least left me some opportunities to shoot off quick messages from time to time.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann