Mesmers got nerfed

#1zerooriginalPosted 1/3/2013 5:46:11 PM
"Shatter skills now share a global 0.25 second recharge, to prevent multiple shatter effects triggering on the same illusion.

Shattered Strength: This trait now grants 1 stack of might per illusion shattered."

Source: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-January-3-2013
#2NicoGrimmPosted 1/3/2013 6:04:35 PM
Not a nerf. A bug fix that made them ridiculous.
---
Somebody tell me, tell me, tell me, when will I learn? I love it and I leave it and I watch it burn! Damn this wild young heart!
#3DraginvryPosted 1/3/2013 7:09:52 PM
zerooriginal posted...
"Shatter skills now share a global 0.25 second recharge, to prevent multiple shatter effects triggering on the same illusion.

That is not going to nerf my mesmer. I didn't even know that you could shatter a single illusion multiple times....
#4RushUnpluggedPosted 1/3/2013 7:20:07 PM
As a mes player, I find this fair.

#1 is a bug patch to an exploit. I barely could replicate it when I heard about it, never purposedly used it in fight, but it was quite ridiculous.
#2 is a fair balance fix, this works well instead of plain 3xMight per Shatter. I haven't checked in game yet, but does Illusionary Persona count you as an Illusion for this too? In that case, this would have the potential of giving up to 4x Might, only not as often. Even if it doesn't, still fair.
---
PSN=RushUnplugged
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/RushUnplugged.png
#5GwindorPosted 1/4/2013 3:51:30 AM
Just to be clear, adding a global cooldown to shatter skins is not a bug fix, it's a bug workaround.

This should frighten everyone. It means they have no idea how to fix their codebase, and it means that the hundreds of bugs for every class will likely never be fixed.
---
"What if you just eat vegetarians?"-neonreaper
"^ You are what you eat. ^_~"-Koiji
#6koroko_korobasePosted 1/4/2013 4:21:25 AM
^ Haha alright.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gj3FW.jpg http://i.imgur.com/yYdrJ.gif
It's like snorting a powdered rainbow while eating Nyan Cat....
#7Shonuff331Posted 1/4/2013 5:17:52 AM
Gwindor posted...
Just to be clear, adding a global cooldown to shatter skins is not a bug fix, it's a bug workaround.

This should frighten everyone. It means they have no idea how to fix their codebase, and it means that the hundreds of bugs for every class will likely never be fixed.

Given how many bugs have already been fixed this is a laughable statement to make. As to the notion of adding a cooldown not being considered a fix...yeah...OK.
#8nflchampPosted 1/4/2013 5:33:49 AM
Gwindor posted...

Or that there is no way to make an illusion non-shatterable without a massive rewrite to the entire mesmer code that just isn't worth the time and effort if a global cooldown doesn't destroy the class.
#9curious_deadPosted 1/4/2013 6:37:23 AM
Gwindor posted...

Or maybe itís just much more simple and convenient and doesnít take as much time and energy? Oh, and thatís also ignoring the fact that multiple bugs have been corrected, I, who mains Necromancer, know this.
#10BEAMS_ae86Posted 1/4/2013 6:44:19 AM
Mesmer make me feeling in a way I can't describe. On the one hand, mesmer is wizard/clothy class as it is always their wearing dresses, kilts, and thin slacks for the males, and no other class can wear cloth except necro and ele. As for mesmer, he is also known as Trickster in my own language (rough translation) and this word can give your toon some meaning, if u are cornered with roleplaying..

If you look at a shatter gcd as "nerf", you are looking at your self, not mesmers. For myself, I dont play mesmer, I use guardian, but i can still give my example. I feel connected to this class and i am happy i am not content with cloth armours (dresses) or casting purple spells. Just to further my fellow mesmer fans, lets not try to hide the truth here. What has ANET done i can see what they have done and its called the dark ages. But if enough players can make a petition we can change the gcd back, either thru email, or perhaps a fax.

If I make some spelling mistake, please correct me. Still learning written english.

Enjoy life.