Mesmers got nerfed

#21Cool_Dude667Posted 1/4/2013 6:06:30 PM
ZvoLtx posted...
Rideps1 posted...
KirynTheCleric posted...
BEAMS_ae86 posted...
Mesmer make me feeling in a way I can't describe. On the one hand, mesmer is wizard/clothy class as it is always their wearing dresses, kilts, and thin slacks for the males, and no other class can wear cloth except necro and ele. As for mesmer, he is also known as Trickster in my own language (rough translation) and this word can give your toon some meaning, if u are cornered with roleplaying..

If you look at a shatter gcd as "nerf", you are looking at your self, not mesmers. For myself, I dont play mesmer, I use guardian, but i can still give my example. I feel connected to this class and i am happy i am not content with cloth armours (dresses) or casting purple spells. Just to further my fellow mesmer fans, lets not try to hide the truth here. What has ANET done i can see what they have done and its called the dark ages. But if enough players can make a petition we can change the gcd back, either thru email, or perhaps a fax.

If I make some spelling mistake, please correct me. Still learning written english.

Enjoy life.

...wat.

---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-6iNzwXEg0
#22HAAH_WAAWPosted 1/4/2013 9:14:01 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
ZvoLtx posted...
Rideps1 posted...
KirynTheCleric posted...
BEAMS_ae86 posted...
Mesmer make me feeling in a way I can't describe. On the one hand, mesmer is wizard/clothy class as it is always their wearing dresses, kilts, and thin slacks for the males, and no other class can wear cloth except necro and ele. As for mesmer, he is also known as Trickster in my own language (rough translation) and this word can give your toon some meaning, if u are cornered with roleplaying..

If you look at a shatter gcd as "nerf", you are looking at your self, not mesmers. For myself, I dont play mesmer, I use guardian, but i can still give my example. I feel connected to this class and i am happy i am not content with cloth armours (dresses) or casting purple spells. Just to further my fellow mesmer fans, lets not try to hide the truth here. What has ANET done i can see what they have done and its called the dark ages. But if enough players can make a petition we can change the gcd back, either thru email, or perhaps a fax.

If I make some spelling mistake, please correct me. Still learning written english.

Enjoy life.

...wat.
#23Terminal OmegaPosted 1/5/2013 12:27:17 PM
Mesmers needed this "nerf." It wasn't supposed to be possible to use all of your shatter skills at once. I love my mesmer and have invested over 350 hours into him, but this was bordering on an exploit it was so over-powered.
---
GT: Drunken Deity
#24The_tall_midgetPosted 1/5/2013 1:22:30 PM
BEAMS_ae86 posted...
Mesmer make me feeling in a way I can't describe. On the one hand, mesmer is wizard/clothy class as it is always their wearing dresses, kilts, and thin slacks for the males, and no other class can wear cloth except necro and ele.

Well since armor does not mean jack in this game it's not so bad!
---
Rule 1 of anything that makes no sense : Wizard did it.
#25EtherBunny66Posted 1/7/2013 10:23:17 AM
ZvoLtx posted...
Rideps1 posted...
KirynTheCleric posted...
BEAMS_ae86 posted...

Enjoy life.

...wat.

---
Sooner or later it was going to catch up with you. You'd find that Lady Luck was really a hooker, and you were fresh out of cash. - Max Payne
#26KagerasuPosted 1/7/2013 1:49:53 PM
Terminal Omega posted...
Mesmers needed this "nerf." It wasn't supposed to be possible to use all of your shatter skills at once. I love my mesmer and have invested over 350 hours into him, but this was bordering on an exploit it was so over-powered.

I don't think anyone denies this, it's that the way they fixed it instead of actually properly fixing it that's the problem.

0.25 seconds per shatter is quite a big deal when you wanna pull off clutch F3/F4 right after, specially in a tournament.

They simply could have made it...you know not stack with the clones. Sure it might be a bit more work, but it shows more integrity with their policies.

Also, it would be nice if they accompanied these fixes with actual fixes to bugs that have been plaguing the class (this applies to other classes too) since forever. Like say...5 sec bleed instead of 7 sec bleed on WoC for clones? How about the fact that duration doesn't affect them at all? Or that IE doesn't affect them?

Can't be 'intended' because Trident clone still gets bounce from IE and that was from beta. Heck the Trident clone gets a beta version of 1 and causes confusion making Mesmer super strong under water while the Mesmer self can't even cause confusion in any way.

Most importantly it's being thorough with your changes. With half ass changes like these, new players won't be able to easily grasp the information but also even the more experienced player base is confused on whether or not anything is 'intended' or simply an 'exploit' waiting to be fixed.

That's one thing I feel Anet does exceptionally poor at.