Transmuting and named items

#1tfc_firefox11Posted 1/5/2013 12:07:09 PM
Yesterday I got Kryta's Embrace from one of Lion's Arch jumping puzzles. I decided to give it to my warrior, but I want her to use Knight gear and the shield gives Berserker stats.

If I transmute Knight stats onto the shield, will it keep the name? Or it'll become something like Knight's Kryta's Shield? I've never really payed much attention to name changes when transmuting before =s
#2Unit3dPosted 1/5/2013 12:48:41 PM
It will follow the name of the skin you choose plus the name of the rune you choose.
#3MMOJumperPosted 1/5/2013 1:12:00 PM
Items with special names(Deathwish, Twilight, etc.) keep the name if you keep the appearance.

But if you're using different weapons that just have generic names like Berserker's Short Bow of Fire and transmuting the look onto an Apothecary's Pearl Short Bow of Accuracy it'll take properties from the names, whichever stats you kept and whichever sigil you kept. for example you kept the look and sigil from the short bow and the stats of the pearl bow it would read Apothecary's Short Bow of Fire
#4tfc_firefox11(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 1:29:47 PM
Thanks a bunch to both of you!
#5Rideps1Posted 1/5/2013 2:30:10 PM
MMOJumper posted...
Items with special names(Deathwish, Twilight, etc.) keep the name if you keep the appearance.

But if you're using different weapons that just have generic names like Berserker's Short Bow of Fire and transmuting the look onto an Apothecary's Pearl Short Bow of Accuracy it'll take properties from the names, whichever stats you kept and whichever sigil you kept. for example you kept the look and sigil from the short bow and the stats of the pearl bow it would read Apothecary's Short Bow of Fire

Not always true, unless it applies name keeping to exotic armor with prefixes as well.

I have the exotic Acolyte set on my main: All transmuted into Knight's gear, but it claims to be the odds and ends that it was when I got them off the TP: Shamans, Carrion, etc.
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!